Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Little League Father's Day Ideas

Hey guys, hey.

I am on the Board of Directors for little league and I also manager an 11-12 year old team. On Mother's Day, we handed out a carnation from each kid to their mom/grandma, etc. I'm trying to think of of a good Father's Day gift in the same ilk. I am thinking since the last gift was about $2/$3 each -- something in that range. This league has 350 players.

Anyone have any good ideas?

I was thinking of having the kids autograph a baseball with a message but I'm not sold on that yet.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

How about a keychain with the logo of the league? You can get them from a bulk dealer for under $2, I'd imagine. But you'd probably need to act fast, as Father's Day is less than 2 weeks away.

Comment

I like it Revo!
      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
        I like it Revo!
        I just checked, and it seems on most sites if you buy 100 it will cost about $1.00-$1.85 apiece. Good luck!!

BTW, my little league gives us nothing, so it's a nice gesture!

Comment

Wow....the Mom's and Dad's get different gifts? How sexist of you.
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
            Wow....the Mom's and Dad's get different gifts? How sexist of you.
            you can post that when you replace Gal Gadot with Jason Momoa for an equitable period of time.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              you can post that when you replace Gal Gadot with Jason Momoa for an equitable period of time.
              Damn. I hate getting hoisted on my own petard. (Mostly because I don't know what those words mean.)

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                Hey guys, hey.

I am on the Board of Directors for little league and I also manager an 11-12 year old team. On Mother's Day, we handed out a carnation from each kid to their mom/grandma, etc. I'm trying to think of of a good Father's Day gift in the same ilk. I am thinking since the last gift was about $2/$3 each -- something in that range. This league has 350 players.

Anyone have any good ideas?

I was thinking of having the kids autograph a baseball with a message but I'm not sold on that yet.
                Just give them the $2/$3....lot less hassle.

Comment

My son’s team lost in the 1st round of the playoffs tonight. Always a sad feeling when the season comes to a close, and the older (12+) kids depart.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                    Just give them the $2/$3....lot less hassle.
                    Give 'em lottery tickets. Who doesn't like a couple scratchers to pass a couple of minutes.
                    "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
                    - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
                    - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                      Give 'em lottery tickets. Who doesn't like a couple scratchers to pass a couple of minutes.
                      Genius!

Comment

Originally posted by In the Corn View Post
                        But make sure you sign them first in case any of them hit big.

Comment

how about a pack of baseball cards?

one of the Topps sets on the shelves this year is today's players in the 1970 (gray edges) design, with the yellow backs and the little cartoons with fun facts.

the traditional Series 1 and 2 sets have some terrific digital photos now, and there's a Bowman set that I think is rookie-heavy.

Target and Wal-Mart have 'em.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                          X