• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL only trade offer 12 TO

Hey guys

I need advice on a trade I have on the table,

I get: kershaw $25/2, mkelly $2,2, pillar (fill-in) and a 1st rd farm pick

I give: David Dahl expiring, Jansen expiring, luchhessi $7/1 and 2nd rd pick

Questions I have is the health of kershaw, spending the extra $18 by getting kershaw as my pitching anchor, worth it?

My pitchers going into 2020 are sonny gray, Hendricks, touissant, Keller and Yates as the core

All critiques are welcome and thanks 🙏😊

I'm assuming you're not a contender. If that's the case, is getting an older starter the best you think you could do for Dahl and Jansen? I don't play in an NL-only, but I'd have to think you could do better than that.

Comment

Yeah, I messed up by sitting on them too long, the race has come down to the top 2 in the standings, leader made it clear his top 5 keepers were off limits so I offered Dahl and a replacement SS for kingery, he snap-declined. Off to the kershaw owner who didn’t have any hitting keepers

Comment

I think that is a bad trade for a dumper. Is M Kelly is the Diamondback pitcher? Everyone you are getting, including Kershaw are probably draftable at their current salary. We are only one third through the season so a lot could happen and you may be better off by waiting.

Comment

I play NL leagues and don’t like this deal. Crazy for you to include Lucchesi in a deal like this.

Comment

I think same about Lucchesi.

as for

"the race has come down to the top 2 in the standings, leader made it clear his top 5 keepers were off limits"

I'd make it clear to him that with that stance, you plan to send all of your best dumps to the other team. see how he likes them apples

I like Kershaw for $25 btw
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              I think same about Lucchesi.

as for

"the race has come down to the top 2 in the standings, leader made it clear his top 5 keepers were off limits"

I'd make it clear to him that with that stance, you plan to send all of your best dumps to the other team. see how he likes them apples

I like Kershaw for $25 btw
              Yep and Yep.

Comment

Update:

I ended up taking the deal because the leader found a big time fish in the league I’m in. Acquired Strasburg 1st yr and 2nd Ed farm pick for Ian happ, John gant and a 1st rd farm pick...deal smells awfully fishy

Another contending owner made overtures in trying to acquire strasburg but got no response

Comment

I'm a little confused, why does another team accepting a bad trade make you want to accept a bad one too?

Comment

I’m rebuilding for 2020, the contracts for Dahl’s and Jansen are expiring and there was no incentive in keeping them, I have Kirby Yates to keep my saves lead. As I said in my first post, it boiled down to lucchesi at $7 or $12(2020) vs Kershaw $25, possible keeper in M Kelly $2 and his 1st rd farm pick that could be the be the first pick for minors

I know the deal isn’t ideal but I got assets for 2020 going forward

Comment

if Yates goes to the AL in 6 weeks should the Padres fall out of it, are you 'insured' on that?
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Grandfather rules

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          if Yates goes to the AL in 6 weeks should the Padres fall out of it, are you 'insured' on that?
                          Didn't Yates sign a multi-year contract last year? Not sure the Pads would want to trade him?

Comment

He signed a one year contract for 3+ million, will be going into arbitration

Comment

The Padres look to contend next year and are in it for wild card this year. I very much doubt they will move Yates given the sorry state of their bullpen. If anything they may be looking to add a bullpen piece.

Comment

Working...
                              X