Kimbrel/Keuchel Watch 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    I get worrying about long term deals for older guys, but 3 years for a 31 year old relief pitcher doesn't seem like it would be at the top of my worry list
    I'm with you. I don't remember--were there any reports that Kimbrel could have gotten more than this in the offseason? It seems like he could have.

Comment

Isn't Kimbrel's deal actually for 2.5 years since almost half of this year is over? So, $45 million over 2.5 years works out to around $18 million per full season.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        I'm with you. I don't remember--were there any reports that Kimbrel could have gotten more than this in the offseason? It seems like he could have.
        Wasn't he asking for $100mm and every time it came up it was said he wasn't budging off that number?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Wasn't he asking for $100mm and every time it came up it was said he wasn't budging off that number?
          Yes, but I don't recall if any credible reports suggested the highest he was actually offered. I'd bet he could have gotten better than $45 million.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Yes, but I don't recall if any credible reports suggested the highest he was actually offered. I'd bet he could have gotten better than $45 million.
            I think that's fair.

Holding out is rarely the best choice.

Comment

Yanks appear to be letting Keuchel slip away, as they're refusing to budge off of a one year deal, while he has a couple of multiple year offers in hand, according to some reports.

Comment

Mark Feinsand reporting the Braves are now the frontrunners for Keuchel.

Comment

Keuchel to sign with the Braves

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                    Keuchel to sign with the Braves
                    I guess someone in their GM's office was familiar with him... him signing with the Braves makes me a bit more confident in his ability to be valuable this season.
                    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

1 year, $13m

Comment

That is a very good deal for the Braves. Not committed past 1 yr.

Comment

Keuchel with a 1-hit, 9 K outing in his first rehab start. Rumor is he may only make one more start before getting promoted.

Comment

Working...
                          X