Jay Bruce traded to Philly, per Passan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jay Bruce traded to Philly, per Passan

per Jeff Passan. No word yet on the return.

Ugh...there goes the little value that he had.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

and now he's changed his report to say "the deal is not imminent, but talks are ongoing."

Comment

This probably affects Kingery's playing time a little bit if it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Ugh...there goes the little value that he had.
          What your thoughts on him? I would think Bruce would benefit more being in a better line-up and a good hitter park.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            What your thoughts on him? I would think Bruce would benefit more being in a better line-up and a good hitter park.
            I'm guessing that he becomes little more than pop off the bench or depth in case of an injury if that deal were to happen. My guess would be no more than a few starts a week with a NL team...he's not replacing Hoskins, he's not replacing either Harper or McCutcheon, and at this point, I doubt that he moves Kingery out of the line-up, depending on what happens to Herrera.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

It's a done deal.

Jay Bruce confirmed Sunday that he's been traded to the Phillies and said he will join his new team in San Diego on Monday.

The trade still hasn't officially been announced yet, but it's only a matter of time. Bruce had hoped to join the Phils in Los Angeles on Sunday but said that the logistics didn't work out. He's in line to receive regular starts against righties in left field for Philly.
              (Source: Ryan Divish on Twitter/Rotoworld)
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm guessing that he becomes little more than pop off the bench or depth in case of an injury if that deal were to happen. My guess would be no more than a few starts a week with a NL team...he's not replacing Hoskins, he's not replacing either Harper or McCutcheon, and at this point, I doubt that he moves Kingery out of the line-up, depending on what happens to Herrera.
                Given that the Phils are picking up almost all of Bruce’s contract, I think it’s a good bet they are done with Herrera.

It looks like Bruce will play LF against RHP, Kingery will play CF against LHP, and Kingery likely steals some playing time from Franco at 3B.
                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                  Given that the Phils are picking up almost all of Bruce’s contract, I think it’s a good bet they are done with Herrera.

It looks like Bruce will play LF against RHP, Kingery will play CF against LHP, and Kingery likely steals some playing time from Franco at 3B.
                  I don't know if they're done with Herrera...he's signed through 2021 (with club options in 22, and 23), for 22 million. I can't see them just swallowing that amount. But stranger things have happened...

ETA:

Actually, it's the other way around...Seattle is paying almost ALL of the remaining 21 million on Bruce's contract...

The boxes were stacked and taped up around his locker. The last remaining detail for Jay Bruce was packing up his essential gear that he would need tomorrow in San Diego. He carefully filled his equipment bag with an assortment of black Rawlings gloves and other essential gear. Some of the stuff like batters gloves and cleats weren’t needed since his new team wears slightly different colors than the Mariners.

About 24 hours after rumors of the potential deal surfaced on Twitter, the Mariners officially announced that Bruce had been traded to Philadelphia along with cash consideration in exchange for minor league infielder Jake Scheiner. The Mariners are reportedly sending almost $18 million to the Phillies to offset some of the $21.6 million that Bruce was owed for the remainder of this season and next season.
                  Last edited by Hornsby; 06-02-2019, 06:39 PM.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I can't see them just swallowing that amount.
                    Domestic violence awareness is Kapler's pet cause, and Middleton doesn't really care about the budget, so I can. I think they will wait until the legal process plays out, though.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

just spent my entire season's 50 FAAB and got him tonight.

I was about 6th in those rankings, and Bruce replaces Beaty, who replaces Nick Williams.

if I had:
                      6 more HR, then 4 more points
                      10 more RBI, then 4 more points
                      10 more R, then 4 more points

Bruce might be able to help me
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

$50 FAAB for Bruce. I could sure use him but worried that he gets platooned and what happens if Herrera is back? Of course the hand print markings on his girl friend neck might not work out well for him.

Comment

definitely depends on category standings maximization. he looks like a perfect storm for me, however much he plays.
                          AVG risk, but unlucky so far and I need to take a risk.
                          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                          X