No announcement yet.

2019 En Fuego Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yu Darvish has as many walks since June 21 (6) as he did in a 4 IP blowup on June 9!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Jack Flaherty is 4-3 with a 0.79 ERA, 0.73 WHIP and 56 Ks in 7 starts since July 7.
      Still going! 0.76 ERA in 11 starts since the AS Break.

Comment

I've been watching Yordan Alvarez to see if he could manage over 1 RBI per game. He had fallen off pace until today's 4-6, 3 doubles, 6 RBI. Now hitting .314/.409/.655 with 22 doubles, 22 HR, 48 R, 70 RBI in 70 Games. It's a pretty staggering debut.

It sucks that he's likely a DH only to start next year, as he's only at 10 games played in OF. If you have 2 UT slots its not so bad, but if you only have 1 UT, or you play in a super shallow re-draft league, I guess it hurts his value slightly. It could also limit his games and PA slightly, with interleague play away games, but with 10 games played, I guess they're showing they'll try and hide him in the OF whenever they think they can get away with it. If you have lower qualifiers, maybe he attains OF for you.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
          I've been watching Yordan Alvarez to see if he could manage over 1 RBI per game. He had fallen off pace until today's 4-6, 3 doubles, 6 RBI. Now hitting .314/.409/.655 with 22 doubles, 22 HR, 48 R, 70 RBI in 70 Games. It's a pretty staggering debut.

It sucks that he's likely a DH only to start next year, as he's only at 10 games played in OF. If you have 2 UT slots its not so bad, but if you only have 1 UT, or you play in a super shallow re-draft league, I guess it hurts his value slightly. It could also limit his games and PA slightly, with interleague play away games, but with 10 games played, I guess they're showing they'll try and hide him in the OF whenever they think they can get away with it. If you have lower qualifiers, maybe he attains OF for you.
          I was horrified to learn that Alvarez was traded away by the Dodgers in 2016 for middle reliever Josh Fields.

Comment

I was horrified to learn that Alvarez was traded away by the Dodgers in 2016 for middle reliever Josh Fields.
            If you think you're horrified just imagine how they feel ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Jack Flaherty is 4-3 with a 0.79 ERA, 0.73 WHIP and 56 Ks in 7 starts since July 7.
              Flaherty has the 2nd lowest ERA in any 2nd half since 1933. Only Jake Arrieta's 2015 season (0.75 ERA) is lower than Flaherty's 0.76.

This is some company:

Lowest ERA in a 2nd half
              Min. 70 IP, since 1933
              1) Jake Arrieta (2015 CHC): 0.75 ERA in 107.1 IP
              2) Jack Flaherty (2019 STL): 0.76 ERA in 71.1 IP
              3) Kris Medlen (2012 ATL): 0.94 ERA in 95.1 IP
              4) Roger Clemens (1990 BOS): 0.97 ERA in 92.2 IP
              5) Tom Seaver (1971 NYM): 1.10 ERA in 139.1 IP
              6) Spud Chandler (1943 NYY): 1.12 ERA in 121 IP
              7) Bob Gibson (1968 STL): 1.19 ERA in 144 IP
              8) Johan Santana (2004 MIN): 1.21 ERA in 104.1 IP

Comment