Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 En Fuego Thread

2019 En Fuego Thread

(how did we not have one of these?)

anyway, the seemingly rotting corpse of Joey Votto is now 13 for his last 22
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    awful keeper list but August rampage somehow has me within inches of 3rd place
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44-IL, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Marquez, Samardzija 1, Leake, AWood
    RP Stanek 8, Strickland 1
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Cooper, UT Beaty
    IL: SP Cueto 1, SP Mahle, OF Bruce LD
    minors: OF RDavis

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Charlie Blackmon with 3 straight 4-hit games to lift his season batting average at Coors Field to .445! If he hadn't missed a 10 game home stand when he was on the IL he might be doing better than his paltry .335 overall ba. BTW, Blackmon is a career .350 hitter at home and a .260 hitter on the road.

Ian Desmond is hitting .457 with 3 HRs and 14 RBIs in his last 9 games.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Sharky's Avatar
    Bryan Reynolds hitting .364 with a .987 OPS through 165 AB. That’s en fuego.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Charlie Blackmon with 3 straight 4-hit games to lift his season batting average at Coors Field to .445! If he hadn't missed a 10 game home stand when he was on the IL he might be doing better than his paltry .335 overall ba. BTW, Blackmon is a career .350 hitter at home and a .260 hitter on the road.
    Isn't it funny how much fans are stuck to arbitrary end points like the start of the season?

Cody Bellinger was all over every baseball discussion because he started his season so hot. He hit .403/.474/.806 for a 1.280 OPS over his first 36 games with 14 HR. In Blackmon's last 36 games he has hit .385/.434/.807 for a 1.242 OPS with 15 HR. But since he started out cold there's very little Blackmon discussion going on.

Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Only 3 hits today. Regression is a bitch.

Blackmon broke the all-time record for hits in a four-game series with 15, according to STATS.

Big Leaguer
    Hyun-Jin Ryu. I mean, someone, please put him in perspective for me please. What he is doing this season, can we call it en fuego, or is he just the best? I traded for him early in year, and have been reaping his stellar stats, but have never really thought he was THE Man. But he is the best sp in NL, right? I mean, Max is awesome sauce, with the glam k's, but Ryu is a wizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Jude View Post
    (how did we not have one of these?)

anyway, the seemingly rotting corpse of Joey Votto is now 13 for his last 22
    While hot now, I am very down on Joey as even his few dingers are wall scrapers. He is now a slow footed slap hitter.

16 RBI in 235 at bats as astonishing for him.

sorry to be a killjoy.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Quote Originally Posted by gcstomp View Post
    Hyun-Jin Ryu. I mean, someone, please put him in perspective for me please. What he is doing this season, can we call it en fuego, or is he just the best? I traded for him early in year, and have been reaping his stellar stats, but have never really thought he was THE Man. But he is the best sp in NL, right? I mean, Max is awesome sauce, with the glam k's, but Ryu is a wizard.
    I think this is the healthiest he has ever been in his career. Even with the one missed start in April. That's probably the biggest difference this year.