Derek Dietrich

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derek Dietrich

3 HR 6 RBI so far tonight. 17 HR for the season. Probably went for buck or two or just ignored in most drafts.

went for 6 in my league - to the defending champs.

following the Scooter Gennett career path, and with the same team!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

The only league that I got him for $3, 12 tm NL, I'm in 5th, but only 10 pts out of 1st. Without him I'd be in dump mode for sure, but its hard to commit to a title run on the strength of guys like Dietrich. His magic beans have to fade away at some point, right? Anybody read anything insightful that points to a sustained power surge?
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I picked him up for $1 during the first FAAB run in RJEL.

Comment

Pirates public enemy #1.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

7 HR in 22 AB vs Pirates
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Not that cheap in my OBA leagues. Mr. HBP is still proving better than advertised. I wish I had pulled the trigger when I could.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

He has already surpassed his career high in HRs
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  The only league that I got him for $3, 12 tm NL, I'm in 5th, but only 10 pts out of 1st. Without him I'd be in dump mode for sure, but its hard to commit to a title run on the strength of guys like Dietrich. His magic beans have to fade away at some point, right? Anybody read anything insightful that points to a sustained power surge?
                  Wish I could take credit or have some insight into this but sadly I can't. Baseball is juiced this this season is the only explanation. At least that is the appearance I'm seeing.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    Wish I could take credit or have some insight into this but sadly I can't. Baseball is juiced this this season is the only explanation. At least that is the appearance I'm seeing.
                    if the ball is juiced, how come all my hitters are underperforming?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Mine too. In both leagues except for Vogy.

Dietrich got tossed back in at 15B and went for 3 bucks in this year's auction. I did bid two but was out of bullets.

Comment

Well then....that really sucks.

Comment

Simple: Your players are taking the wrong juice.

Maybe they’re taking actual Vitamin B!

Comment

If it helps Revo the team I drafted apparently are adverse to juice.

Comment

he is YOKED this year

Comment

Working...
                              X