National Burger Day.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
    Would never have guessed you were a condimentist. Damn, dude.
    Dry, mealy burgers leave me wanting something more.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

what do they call an impossible burger in France? ..le unbearable burger?

what do they call a Whopper?

Comment

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
        what do they call an impossible burger in France?
        A finish the fight burger.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          "Although a vegan burger is processed and high in sodium, if it's part of a healthy vegan diet, it should have negligible effects."

If anything at all is part of a healthy vegan diet, it should have negligble effects. It's ridiculous to equate an Impossible burger alone with a vegan diet overall, and I don't know why you did.

"My dad just got over a 2 week cold. I haven't had a cold or flu last longer than 2 days since going vegan. But I'm sure my 57 year old, overweight and heavily diabetic and heart diseased dad just got his illnesses from his genes. Must skip a generation."

I haven't had a cold or flu last longer than 2 days since I was born, literally. I actually have never had the flu in my life, and my last cold was almost 20 years ago. I'm 58. No diabetes nor heart disease, and not much overweight, either. I don't think my dad, who lived to be 92, ever had such a cold or flu. Must NOT skip a generation, it turns out.
          An Impossible burger is a meat substitute. I was arguing that meat substitutes are healthier than meat because they don't carry direct links to cancer, diabetes, heart disease. I don't think that's much up for debate.

You were the one who brought up the sodium content of Impossible burgers, implying they're less healthy than meat. Do you believe that?
          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

https://www.runnersworld.com/nutriti...ssible-burger/

this is from Runner's World - which I assume you will say is in the tank for Big Beef along with the Duke expert because... well, you'll find a way.

Environmental issues aside — because unpacking how much healthier an Impossible Burger is for the Earth than a beef burger is another story — are Impossible Burgers healthier for us humans?

In a word, “No,” says Elisabetta Politi, M.P.H., R.D., L.D.N., the nutrition director of the Duke Diet & Fitness Center in Durham, North Carolina.

“I don’t think it’s any healthier. As a nutritionist, I tell people that if we want to find a way to address obesity and diabetes, it’s to go back to the way our grandparents ate,” Politi says. “I’m not saying that genetic modification is wrong, but I think it’s disconcerting to make up food. I would not consider this wholesome food because it’s something that has gone through a lot of changes and was created in a lab by the food industry.”

Besides the genetically modified ingredients, it’s not really healthier from a nutritional standpoint either, Politi says, particularly in the realm of saturated fat. Though Impossible Foods lowered the amount of saturated fat in the recent recipe change, it still contains higher amounts than a beef burger.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I hope u guys resolve which option is healthier soon. There is an angry crowd behind me waiting for me to order
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                I hope u guys resolve which option is healthier soon. There is an angry crowd behind me waiting for me to order
                Tell them to go visit the eiffel tower again.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                  well played!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

well played!
                    I just ordered one of each. Crisis averted
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Tell them to go visit the eiffel tower again.
                      Damnit Monsieur ! Burger Le Impossible !
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

https://www.runnersworld.com/nutriti...ssible-burger/

this is from Runner's World - which I assume you will say is in the tank for Big Beef along with the Duke expert because... well, you'll find a way.

Environmental issues aside — because unpacking how much healthier an Impossible Burger is for the Earth than a beef burger is another story — are Impossible Burgers healthier for us humans?

In a word, “No,” says Elisabetta Politi, M.P.H., R.D., L.D.N., the nutrition director of the Duke Diet & Fitness Center in Durham, North Carolina.

“I don’t think it’s any healthier. As a nutritionist, I tell people that if we want to find a way to address obesity and diabetes, it’s to go back to the way our grandparents ate,” Politi says. “I’m not saying that genetic modification is wrong, but I think it’s disconcerting to make up food. I would not consider this wholesome food because it’s something that has gone through a lot of changes and was created in a lab by the food industry.”

Besides the genetically modified ingredients, it’s not really healthier from a nutritional standpoint either, Politi says, particularly in the realm of saturated fat. Though Impossible Foods lowered the amount of saturated fat in the recent recipe change, it still contains higher amounts than a beef burger.
                        Duke Medicine - BigBeef linkage is undeniable and concerning.
                        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                          Duke Medicine - BigBeef linkage is undeniable and concerning.
                          yeah, I was wondering about that ... I really loved this rationale (and think it gives away any pretense of objectivity) ...

... I’m not saying that genetic modification is wrong, but I think it’s disconcerting to make up food. I would not consider this wholesome food because it’s something that has gone through a lot of changes and was created in a lab by the food industry.
                          replace "food" with "medicine" or "vaccine" and see how that reads.
                          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

First they came for the Runners, and I said nothing.
                            Then the Joggers....

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

First they came for the Runners, and I said nothing.
                              Then the Joggers....
                              lol, that was good. Not as good as BigBeef, or an Impossible Burger, but still.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Had McDs last night. Cheap eats in a hurry and only cheap because of a 2 for 1.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                                X