Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: National Burger Day.

My current lunch is Turkey/Swiss/Lettuce with mustard - where the seeds are whole and break in your mouth

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Teenwolf's Avatar
    I had a Beyond Meat burger yesterday from the local vegan grocery shop. I love going there and watching older non-vegans trying the beyond burgers and going crazy for them. Also, my omnivore daughter loves the beyond burger. I find it a little bit too authentic tasting, so it grosses me out a little. The smell and taste and texture are all so authentic (packaged in a synthetic blood type of moisture to cook in, smells quite meat-like when fried up). My wife won't eat them for that reason. But it's nice to have more vegan options all over town, even in flyover country.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    I had a Beyond Meat burger yesterday from the local vegan grocery shop. I love going there and watching older non-vegans trying the beyond burgers and going crazy for them. Also, my omnivore daughter loves the beyond burger. I find it a little bit too authentic tasting, so it grosses me out a little. The smell and taste and texture are all so authentic (packaged in a synthetic blood type of moisture to cook in, smells quite meat-like when fried up). My wife won't eat them for that reason. But it's nice to have more vegan options all over town, even in flyover country.
    I am not giving up meat, but I would be curious to try one.

The future shows that being a vegan amounts to torture...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I am not giving up meat, but I would be curious to try one.
    Same here.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by madducks View Post
    Same here.
    I had the Impossible Burger which I guess is a rival company. It was good, definitely better than I thought. If I ate a lot of red meat, I would be willing to make the switch, but I eat burgers/red meat as more of an occasional indulgence now, so I'll stick with meat.

National donut day came and went and no one offered me a free donut.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Down the river ..................from PNC Park

Everyone hates Mayonnaise....

"You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

wacky NJ going with an off-the-board play - I noticed today that they completely renovated the Garden State Parkway rest stop near the north end of the Jersey Shore (for Joe Piscopo SNL fans, near Exit 98), leaving it unrecognizable in a very good way.

and so long Burger King and hello, Shake Shack - sort of a northeast In'n'Out Burger, with edible, politically-correct meat beloved by NYC ironic hipsters and Mets fans at Citi Field. this rest stop also now has an ironic Starbucks.

the loneliest workers are the ones at the pretzel place next to Shake Shack - I saw a dozen people waiting for their Ironic Burgers, and no one patronizing the bourgeois pretzel place.
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    5-way battle for 3rd as Sept arrives; it's all up to Mad Max now
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, Samardzija 1, CSmith 1, Cueto 1, Leake, Eflin, Brault
    RP Stanek 8, Strickland 1
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B Beaty, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Desmond 25, Dyson 8, UT Cooper
    IL: SP Marquez