Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 60

Thread: National Burger Day.

  1. #1
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,743

    National Burger Day.

    Today is National Burger Day. Will you celebrate by having one?

    If so what kind?

    I have to defer today as my car is in the shop. I hope to have one tomorrow.

    I want it char-grilled, American cheese, raw onion, lettuce tomato, mayo.

  2. #2
    Journeyman The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,560
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    Today is National Burger Day. Will you celebrate by having one?

    If so what kind?

    I have to defer today as my car is in the shop. I hope to have one tomorrow.

    I want it char-grilled, American cheese, raw onion, lettuce tomato, mayo.
    That is literally the lamest excuse i've ever heard for missing National Burger Day.






    Except mine, I probably just won't bother. Although it is buy one get one free at our local burger chain....

  3. #3
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,743
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    That is literally the lamest excuse i've ever heard for missing National Burger Day.






    Except mine, I probably just won't bother. Although it is buy one get one free at our local burger chain....
    The nearest Burger place would be about a 3 mile walk one way. I will celebrate Happy Belated Burger Day tomorrow.

  4. #4
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    The nearest Burger place would be about a 3 mile walk one way. I will celebrate Happy Belated Burger Day tomorrow.
    Back in my day, we had to walk 3 miles barefoot in the snow uphill just to get a burger.

  5. #5
    Journeyman The Feral Slasher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    4,560
    Quote Originally Posted by umjewman View Post
    Back in my day, we had to walk 3 miles barefoot in the snow uphill just to get a burger.
    The uphill walk home was even steeper

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    The uphill walk home was even steeper
    and colder
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

    "One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

  7. #7
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,205
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    and colder
    And more barefoot, somehow.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    The uphill walk home was even steeper
    reminds me of the classic Yogi Berra line "when you get to the fork in the road - take it."

    but it's true: you'd get to Yogi's house at the end either way. (trivia: this is in B-Fly's hometown)
    36th yr in same 12-team NL 5x5
    awful keeper list but August rampage somehow has me expecting to finish 3rd
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

    SP Scherzer 44, Keuchel LD, CSmith 1, Marquez, Samardzija 1, Leake, AWood
    RP Stanek 8, Strickland 1
    C Realmuto 13, C Posey 12, 1B Votto 27, 3B TFrazier 2, 13 Belt 10, 2B KMarte LD, SS DeJong LD, 2S BCrawford 9
    OF Harper LD, Eaton LD, CDickerson 17, Dyson 8, Cooper, UT Beaty
    IL: SP Cueto 1, SP Mahle, OF Bruce LD
    minors: OF RDavis

  9. #9
    I had chicken.

    Tomorrow is the start of soft food week.

    J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

    Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

    GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

    Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

    I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

  10. #10
    Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    28,743
    71 views and no one knows what kind of burgers they like. Or maybe it is a secret?

    Have you all given them up?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •