A Question for B-Fly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
    Um, what? You had me at Hello! You understand that nothing about “Republicans” or the other political party is absolute, I’m not sure DMT really understands that about the Republicans that he incessantly rails on. I’m snipping less at the post specifically and more at the body of work.
    But you're wrong. I've been critical of Democrats and I've given examples in the past that you simply ignore in order to continue saying that I just "incessantly rail on Republicans", and that I'm trolling even when you agree with my point. And nice hedge that your response was to my "body of work" lol.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      But you're wrong. I've been critical of Democrats and I've given examples in the past that you simply ignore in order to continue saying that I just "incessantly rail on Republicans", and that I'm trolling even when you agree with my point. And nice hedge that your response was to my "body of work" lol.
      Olive branch: I’ll try to read you less critically, take your shots less personally, and take note of all things Democrats against which you rail. You try to not take everything I write as a tacit defense of Trump. I think he’s a douchebag and proven himself wholly unqualified for office, but I take offense when the Democrats or the liberal left or the news media tries to invalidate an election. Like it or not, he won. Russia help or not, he won. My message to Dems is to Win in 2020 and then we can all write off Trump to the annals (or is anals) of history.

By the way, back to the thread topic. There is absolutely nothing about DeVos it makes me think she’s qualified to be the Secretary of DOE other than money she and her family contributed to Trump’s election. I am a supporter of School Choice, but not at the expense of Public inter-city Schools. I live in the Chicago suburbs and the CPS is an absolute mess. I don’t support unions in general but believe teachers are woefully under paid. And the product reflects this travesty.
      Last edited by Bernie Brewer; 05-30-2019, 02:13 PM.
      I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
        Olive branch: I’ll try to read you less critically, take your shots less personally, and take note of all things Democrats against which you rail. You try to not take everything I write as a tacit defense of Trump.
        Done.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          It's The Emperor's New Clothes theory. The GOP doesn't want to appear to be unfit or stupid, so they defend and compliment his invisible suit, yet privately can't believe they're doing so.
          Mueller's New Clothes. I like it.

Originally posted by DMT View Post
          So you only critically consider one party and blanket reject the other. This is not a recipe for success.

We have strayed a ways from DeVos. I think it is safe to say the Democrats would love to see her gone. Why is she still at Education? Democrats have been very successful running cabinet level people out in the past. William Bennett only lasted two and a half years. He asked out when Bush was elected. What is different about DeVos?

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
            We have strayed a ways from DeVos. I think it is safe to say the Democrats would love to see her gone. Why is she still at Education? Democrats have been very successful running cabinet level people out in the past. William Bennett only lasted two and a half years. He asked out when Bush was elected. What is different about DeVos?

J
            Who on Trump's cabinet have the Democrats run out? They've mostly been run out by Trump or by themselves. The bigger question is why Trump hasn't dumped her given her lack of popularity. And it may well have something to do with her family's money still supporting his campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
              Who on Trump's cabinet have the Democrats run out? They've mostly been run out by Trump or by themselves. The bigger question is why Trump hasn't dumped her given her lack of popularity. And it may well have something to do with her family's money still supporting his campaign.
              My point exactly. Bush's cabinet was a dartboard.

As to why she is still in place, Republicans like what she is doing for school choice. As with much of what Trump does, it makes much more sense if you look at it from the right side of the aisle. I even agree with her on some things, like freedom of speech on campus.

J
              Last edited by onejayhawk; 06-02-2019, 11:12 PM.
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
              X