Is Dallas Keuchel worth holding onto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Dallas Keuchel worth holding onto?

13 team mixed. Have him at $4. I'm currently in 8th place. Do I keep him or do I drop him and add a FA? I also have Heaney and Luzardo coming back which I would need a spot for anyway. Thoughts?

Why drop him now when he's going to sign somewhere at 12:01 on June 3rd, when there's no longer a draft pick attached?

Comment

Yeah, if you have held this long, keep holding to see where he lands and how he looks. Heaney is back Sunday, but Luzardo is still a long ways off, so you don't need to make space for him any time soon.

Comment

You should hang on to him with a week to go. Got to at this point.

Comment

Can you trade someone?

Comment

Would anyone drop Lynn, Hamels or Matz for him?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Would anyone drop Lynn, Hamels or Matz for him?
              No, it'll take him a good 6 weeks to get fully up to speed, and by that time you're in the middle of July.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                No, it'll take him a good 6 weeks to get fully up to speed, and by that time you're in the middle of July.
                Good point if true. He's been throwing every 5 days. Do you really think it will take him 6 weeks?

Comment

Good point if true. He's been throwing every 5 days. Do you really think it will take him 6 weeks?
                  No way. 2-3 weeks max. Kimbrel 7-10 days.

Comment

Call me skeptical, but I think Keuchel will get demolished pitching vs. AL East opponents in Yankee Stadium...probably in Tampa Bay too. People are acting like he is some sort of savior - I just dont see it unless he is pitching for a team like Minnesota against other AL Central teams, for example.

Comment

Yes, throwing every 5 days is totally different than pitching to live competition...look at what kind of a ramp up Sale had this season when they slow rolled him out in Spring Training. It took 6 weeks before he was Chris Sale again, and Sale is better than Keuchel by a reasonable margin.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Yes, throwing every 5 days is totally different than pitching to live competition...look at what kind of a ramp up Sale had this season when they slow rolled him out in Spring Training. It took 6 weeks before he was Chris Sale again, and Sale is better than Keuchel by a reasonable margin.
                        Or even an unreasonable margin

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          Call me skeptical, but I think Keuchel will get demolished pitching vs. AL East opponents in Yankee Stadium...probably in Tampa Bay too. People are acting like he is some sort of savior - I just dont see it unless he is pitching for a team like Minnesota against other AL Central teams, for example.
                          He definitely has his work cut out for him if he signs in the AL East.

Yes, it is different, but Sale threw for weeks, and Keuchel has been throwing for months. I think the 2-3 week timeline is closer.

Comment

Scott Boras said today that Keuchel will be ready to go "within a week of signing." I'll believe that when I see it, but I'll stand by closer to my 2-3 week timeframe. Still, no way it's 6 weeks or anywhere close to that.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Scott Boras said today that Keuchel will be ready to go "within a week of signing." I'll believe that when I see it, but I'll stand by closer to my 2-3 week timeframe. Still, no way it's 6 weeks or anywhere close to that.
                              And I'll stand by my 6 weeks until he's pitching effectively...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                              X