Get Well Wishes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
    Just got a call from my mom. My brother is in the hospital in denver after a scooter accident. Wrecked and broke a couple of bones in his face and has a concussion. Cripes!
    Ouch...I hope he was a quick recovery. I am still amazed I walked away from it as I did and didn't end up worse off. Only remnants of it now are the how that area of my face will blush a bit in cold weather looking like I was freshly slapped and the titanium plate in my wrist gets a bit achy from time to time, but the dental work fixed the worst of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redbirds Fan View Post
      Sorry to hear that. Best wishes for a quick recovery!!
      Amen!

I do not know how I missed this thread first time around. Yikes that is a terrible picture. Moonlight glad to read you came out of it as well as you did. Looks really painful.

Comment

Brother had an operation yesterday to try to stabilize his broken cheek bone. They were only able to do part of it though and he's back in later today. He had a competing brain bleed and some vascular issue in his neck, one needed a blood thinner, but the other might be exacerbated by it. They went with the blood thinner, as that seemed to be the more urgent issue.

He is texting me though, and seems to be in... decent? spirits. Making some jokes with me.

He's hoping to be able to leave the hospital and fly home early next week.
        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Hope your brother has a quick recovery. Those scooters are unforgiving.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
          X