• Show
Clear All

• Mahle or Matz

Mahle or Matz
    Rest of season
    We count normal five cats and QS too

Lots of recent hype about Mahle
    Matz coming off injury to start Saturday

Seem like a toss up. Maybe leaning toward Matz.

Comment

I wouldn't use Matz in a QS format, or at least I'd recognize him for what he is. The Mets have decided Matz is a 5 IP kinda guy (who I believe should pair with an opener, but anyway). Last season averaged just a hair over 5 IP with 154 IP in 30 GS... this season spot on 35 IP in 7 GS. Fresh off an injury, no chance they push him through 6 IP anytime soon. Terrible play for QS.

Mahle is 4 years younger, with more IP/GS (5.7), more QS opportunities, and a higher ceiling. Mahle also started 2018 nicely before the wheels fell off, so perhaps he will have better stamina to get through the whole year.... or perhaps you'll need to cut and run if he falls apart again. I love the 49/9 K/BB rate through 45.1 IP, so he might have refined something in his toolbox, but I haven't seen any in depth analysis. Regardless, Matz is WYSIWYG, Mahle might be more than that.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

But Mahle pitches in a bandbox and historically has issues with the HR. Give me Matz

Comment

I went Mahle. Today I look smart.

Thanks for feedback

Comment

Working...
          X