Fantrax problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantrax problem

Just wanted everyone to be aware of a fantrax problem. I love the fantrax platform but they do have some minor issues to iron out.

In a league I'm running we are using Vickrey bidding which is supposed to give you FAAB prices based not on the winners bid, but on the 2nd highest bid. So in fantrax vickrey if I bid $50 and no one else bids I get the player for $1. Or if I bid $50 and someone else bids $40, I get them for $40.

Anyway, Fantrax had a bug where it was counting your own bids against you. So if I had a $50 bid and a contingent $40 bid (contingent on if I bought another player for example), my own bids would count against me.

We identified this problem and let fantrax know. I gave them a couple weeks and it still wasn't corrected, the faab budgets were wrong. They claimed the problem was fixed, but the budgets still showed incorrectly.

So, since I was not getting further feedback from fantrax, I tried to use the commissioner tool to "Recalculate FAAB budgets" which fantrax describes as "Recalculate each team's free agent budget remaining by factoring in the bids of all executed claims in this league." Well unfortunately it looks like the developers didn't consider Vickrey when they put that tool in, so all the previous bids went full price instead. And now I have several owners who show with negative FAAB budgets, some of which I'm sure want to bid on players this week.

It's a huge mess. Wanted to warn everyone.

So you can't just edit the FAAB budgets for each team like you can on CBS?

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      So you can't just edit the FAAB budgets for each team like you can on CBS?
      I just found the place you can do that. Whew...

Comment

Working...
      X