No announcement yet.

Offense bad, Pitching good, what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offense bad, Pitching good, what to do?

LEAGUE:
    6x6 mixed roto.

CATEGORIES:
    Offense: AVG, R, RBI, HR, SB, OBP.
    Pitching: W, K, ERA, WHIP, SV, QS.

SITUATION
    We're winning pitching (64.5 pts) and getting crushed on offense (28 pts). While we've gotten nice production out of Ozuna (al but AVG), Dom. Santana, Devers (all but HR), low starters/possibly washed-up vets like Votto, Carpenter are killing us, as is Vlad Jr's slow start, Tatis Jr. getting hurt, etc.

QUESTION:
    Would you deal an ace (Verlander, Scherzer) for a bat upgrade somewhere? Even if we lost one of those guys, we'd still have a top 5 of Max/JV, Boyd, German, Hendricks, Porcello. OR, should we wait for the Vlad turnaround, Tatis to come back, Sano to come back and add some power, to make guys like Carpenter and Votto obsolete and hopefully help our bats?

Thanks.
    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
    1B-Cron
    2B- Villar
    SS- Andrus
    3B-Baez
    MI-L. Gurriel
    CI- Y.Gurriel
    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
    UTIL- Benintendi
    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
    IL: Buxton

I think at least some of your hitters will be better the ROS, so some of this will fix itself. That said, I'd be proactive, and try to trade Boyd, German, Hendricks, or Porcello. Basically anyone BUT Max and Verlander. I know the return will be much less for anyone else, but I'd trade one of them. Boyd's stock may never be higher. Maybe you can get good bat for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      I think at least some of your hitters will be better the ROS, so some of this will fix itself. That said, I'd be proactive, and try to trade Boyd, German, Hendricks, or Porcello. Basically anyone BUT Max and Verlander. I know the return will be much less for anyone else, but I'd trade one of them. Boyd's stock may never be higher. Maybe you can get good bat for him.
      Thanks, threw some offers out there involving Boyd or German, getting us a bat upgrade in return.
      12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
      1B-Cron
      2B- Villar
      SS- Andrus
      3B-Baez
      MI-L. Gurriel
      CI- Y.Gurriel
      OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
      UTIL- Benintendi
      BENCH: Pence, Dyson
      SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
      RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson