which offer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which offer?

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    5 SP / 4 P with no season cap
    keep 6 major/4 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that
    currently bottom 5 - 35 hitting / 40 pitching split

C - Realmuto $24 1st year keeper
    1B - O'Hearn $3
    2B - Brandon Lowe $9
    3B - Descalso $10
    SS - Rojas $10
    CI - Forsythe $10
    MI - Merrifield $16 2nd year keeper
    OF - Harper $43 7th year keeper
    OF - Trout $43 7th year keeper
    OF - Benintendi $16 2nd year keeper
    OF - Renfroe $5
    DH - Pederson $5
    SP - Nola $11 3rd year keeper
    SP - Junis $1
    SP - Kikuchi $17
    SP - Odorizzi $1
    SP - Paddack $10
    P - Alvarado $14
    P - Bradley $8
    P - Hicks $11
    P - Hudson $5
    BN - Sheffield $5
    BN - Herrera $10
    BN - Stephenson $10
    BN - Devenski $10
    BN - Bader $7
    IL - Kingery $9
    IL - Wendle $9
    MN - Rodgers $10
    MM - Riley $5
    MN - Puk $5
    MN - Singer $5

Since I can't get out of the 70's, which offer should I take:

Paddack and Lowe for Zac Gallen $10 and Nicky Lopez $10

Puk for Brad Keller $1

I originally offered Sheffield for Keller, but he countered with Puk.

I've tried getting Honewell from the Gallen/Lopez owner but he's stuck on getting Paddack or Lowe.
    Last edited by DJRadar; 05-13-2019, 11:05 PM.

Mitch Keller? Or Brad Keller?

If you’re giving up, not sure I understand why you’d give up Paddack & Lowe...?

Comment

I’m with Revo those look like terrible trades for you. Giving up Paddack and Lowe doesn’t make sense. And Why do you want Keller anyway?

Comment

Paddack has to be 1 of the very best keepers in league. Assess your top 6 keepers. your league format means rebuild is pretty worthless unless you are seriously upgrading 1 of your 6 keepers, and your top 8 is really really good. trout, harper, benintendi, nola, odorizzi, paddack, hicks, merrifield appears to be top 8. i dont see a rebuild even possible as your core is good. what are some rebuild trades that have happened in league this year?

Comment

Eeesh, it's Brad Keller? 4.50 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, 39:32 K:BB ratio.....for a Baseball America Top 20 prospect? Ay yi yi. Why on earth did that guy pass on Sheffield for him? Why would you offer Sheffield for him? He's waiver wire garbage, even in that deep a league.

If you're going to fold this year, the two players you need to deal are Realmuto and Kikuchi. Maybe sell Odorizzi as a good keeper, which he really isn't IMO. But I agree with gcstomp, you really need to assess the big picture. Because these offers you constantly post just don't make any sense given your current state and seem like the league is trying to take advantage of you.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
            Paddack has to be 1 of the very best keepers in league. Assess your top 6 keepers. Your league format means rebuild is pretty worthless unless you are seriously upgrading 1 of your 6 keepers, and your top 8 is really really good. Trout, Harper, Benintendi, Nola, Odorizzi, Paddack, Hicks, Merrifield appears to be top 8. I don't see a rebuild even possible as your core is good.
            Even with Trout and Harper as my core the last 6 years, I've finished in the bottom 4 ever year. I finally managed to somehow finish in the money last year. I know this group should be competitive, but history says otherwise.

Originally posted by revo View Post
            If you're going to fold this year, the two players you need to deal are Realmuto and Kikuchi. Maybe sell Odorizzi as a good keeper, which he really isn't IMO. But I agree with gcstomp, you really need to assess the big picture. Because these offers you constantly post just don't make any sense given your current state and seems like the league is trying to take advantage of you.
            My trade history has never been great. Whenever I post guys that I want to move, I get crap offers. I don't think Sheffield is going to be great, despite all the scouting reports. I want Lopez, Honeywell, and Gallen, but not if it's costing me Lowe and Paddack.

I know I need to upgrade my pitching but at this point i just want to wave the white flag.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
              Even with Trout and Harper as my core the last 6 years, I've finished in the bottom 4 ever year. I finally managed to somehow finish in the money last year. I know this group should be competitive, but history says otherwise.

My trade history has never been great. Whenever I post guys that I want to move, I get crap offers. I don't think Sheffield is going to be great, despite all the scouting reports. I want Lopez, Honeywell, and Gallen, but not if it's costing me Lowe and Paddack.

I know I need to upgrade my pitching but at this point i just want to wave the white flag.
              This early in the season, try to have a little patience.

Please do not be offended when I suggest your lack of winning may be due to your bad trades.

Comment

I'm trying to be patient but I don't want to be in the bottom after last year's finish. I see the defending champ go from being in the bottom 4 3 weeks ago to now being in the top 6, making a 30-point jump. I don't want to be so far behind I can't compete. I know my bad trades are the reason I haven't been good. I'm trying to change that by coming here for advice.

Comment

What categories are you struggling in specifically?

Comment

You have 6 definite keepers already:
                    1 - Harper
                    2 - Trout
                    3 - Nola
                    4 - Merrifield
                    5 - Benintendi
                    6 - Paddack

You have 3 great MLers out of 4 slots:
                    1 - Rodgers
                    2 - Riley
                    3 - Puk

So waving the white flag won't amount to much. You'd be just shuffling chairs for the sake of shuffling chairs.

Nicky Lopez just got recalled, so barring a huge rookie year, he wouldn't be a keeper for you either since he wouldn't qualify as a MLer any longer.

Trade Realmuto or Kikuchi for a great ML prospect. Besides that, your deck is already set. You just need to do a better job of getting surrounding talent in the auction.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      What categories are you struggling in specifically?
                      Surprisingly, BA (15th), HR (13th), R (13th), RBI (15th), and WHIP (14th).

You have 6 definite keepers already:
                      1 - Harper
                      2 - Trout
                      3 - Nola
                      4 - Merrifield
                      5 - Benintendi
                      6 - Paddack

You have 3 great MLers out of 4 slots:
                      1 - Rodgers
                      2 - Riley
                      3 - Puk

So waving the white flag won't amount to much. You'd be just shuffling chairs for the sake of shuffling chairs.

Nicky Lopez just got recalled, so barring a huge rookie year, he wouldn't be a keeper for you either since he wouldn't qualify as a MLer any longer.

Trade Realmuto or Kikuchi for a great ML prospect. Besides that, your deck is already set. You just need to do a better job of getting surrounding talent in the auction.
                      So if Sheffield isn't one of my 4 minor keepers at this point, what value does he have as a trade chip? And with Rodgers already at 2B, what value does Biggio have?

Comment

So if Sheffield isn't one of my 4 minor keepers at this point, what value does he have as a trade chip? And with Rodgers already at 2B, what value does Biggio have?
                        You have Sheffield listed as being activated on your bench. If he's still eligible for your ML, then he's an easy keep over Singer.

What does Biggio have to do with this? If you're implying that he's a possible trade target, I'm not sure what your point is. Why can't you have Rodgers AND Biggio? And there aren't any other great ML prospects available?

Comment

Surprisingly, BA (15th), HR (13th), R (13th), RBI (15th), and WHIP (14th).
                          Your primary issue is that you are starting players that you should have moved on from. Even at 16 teams with the roster size you have, there should be talent available in waivers/free agency. Descalso and Rojas should not be starting in mixed leagues, O'Hearn needs to be benched until he can turn it around and Forsythe needs to be a swiss army knife bench option to just fill in when needed.

Four guys off waivers or trades and you can turn that offense around and be competitive. You should be going for it with this roster, not sitting back and trying to rebuild.

Who are the top CI options available in free agency since you need all 3 of those positions?

Comment

You have Sheffield listed as being activated on your bench. If he's still eligible for your ML, then he's an easy keep over Singer.

What does Biggio have to do with this? If you're implying that he's a possible trade target, I'm not sure what your point is. Why can't you have Rodgers AND Biggio? And there aren't any other great ML prospects available?
                            Off of RHD's last list, the top prospects still available are #31 Brandon Marsh, #35 Adrian Morejon, #40 Estevan Florial, #43 Kyle Wright, #44 Andres Gimenez, #49 Logan Allen, #50 Michael Baez, #52 Myles Straw, #55 Jahmai Jones, #61 Brusdar Graterol, #63 Luis Gohara, #64 Sandy Alcantara, #67 Kolby Allard, #69 Jonathan India, and #74 Drew Waters.

I had Sheffield listed as active because I only have 4 minor roster spots. Right now, those 4 spots are Puk, Sheffield, Riley, and Rodgers, with Singer and Biggio on the bench.

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Your primary issue is that you are starting players that you should have moved on from. Even at 16 teams with the roster size you have, there should be talent available in waivers/free agency. Descalso and Rojas should not be starting in mixed leagues, O'Hearn needs to be benched until he can turn it around and Forsythe needs to be a swiss army knife bench option to just fill in when needed.

Four guys off waivers or trades and you can turn that offense around and be competitive. You should be going for it with this roster, not sitting back and trying to rebuild.

Who are the top CI options available in free agency since you need all 3 of those positions?
                            The top CI are Tellez (on waivers), Pujols, Rio Ruiz, Renato Nunez, Camargo, Bour, Tyler White, Mark Reynolds, Neil Walker, Prado, Alonso, and Pinder (on waivers).

Comment

The top CI are Tellez (on waivers), Pujols, Rio Ruiz, Renato Nunez, Camargo, Bour, Tyler White, Mark Reynolds, Neil Walker, Prado, Alonso, and Pinder (on waivers).
                              Rather than giving up on 2019 I'd be adding 3 of those (Tellez, Pinder, Pujols all seem like upgrades).
                              Last edited by Ken; 05-14-2019, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X