Trade Advice: NL Only, 4X4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade Advice: NL Only, 4X4

Another owner is already throwing in the towel while I am going for it.

I am lacking in SB and SV.

I am considering selling high on $5 Soroka plus $10 Jeff McNeil
    for
    $33 Staring Marte and $29 Sean Doolittle.

4X4 league so runs and Ks don't count.
    I am not concerned about the salary difference, as I am only trying to assemble the talent to win this year.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Just a word of caution. A lot can change in the next 4.5 months of the season. Soroka and McNeil are both solid contributors and well priced. McNeil also offers nice positional flexibility. Marte and Doolittle are both higher injury risks.

Make sure you properly factor in the true impact of losing your two guys.

If possible I would be more inclined to give up quality minor leaguers and/or draft picks.

Having said all this if you really feel that Marte and Doolittle give you a legit solid shot at 1st place then go for it, but if it's like a 25% hope at 1st I personally wouldn't do it.

I have been a 4x4 NL guy forever so I understand the draw of saves and steals, especially in 2019. Tough call, think it through.

What contract years are these 4 players at?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
      Just a word of caution. A lot can change in the next 4.5 months of the season. Soroka and McNeil are both solid contributors and well priced. McNeil also offers nice positional flexibility. Marte and Doolittle are both higher injury risks.

Make sure you properly factor in the true impact of losing your two guys.

If possible I would be more inclined to give up quality minor leaguers and/or draft picks.

Having said all this if you really feel that Marte and Doolittle give you a legit solid shot at 1st place then go for it, but if it's like a 25% hope at 1st I personally wouldn't do it.

I have been a 4x4 NL guy forever so I understand the draw of saves and steals, especially in 2019. Tough call, think it through.

What contract years are these 4 players at?

Here is my current roster. I have way too many SP and I plan to dump Darvish after watching him struggle vs MIA yesterday.
      Saves and steals are very difficult to acquire and I believe I have enough power/BA to win.

C Tyler Flowers $1
      1B Daniel Murphy $28
      2B Mike Moustakas $22
      3B Eugenio Suarez $19
      SS Jean Segura $25
      CI Justin Turner $21
      MI Paul DeJong $10

OF Jeff McNeil $10
      OF Juan Soto $10
      OF Ronald Acuna $10
      OF Nick Senzel $41

OF Brandon Nimmo $10
      UT Christian Walker $6
      UT Cole Tucker $21
      P Patrick Corbin $10
      P Walker Buehler $10

P Mike Soroka $5
      P Kenta Maeda $9
      P Steven Matz $1
      P Merrill Kelly $5
      P Yu Darvish $9
      P Jordan Hicks $10
      P Robert Stephenson $1

RESERVED:
      UT Franchy Cordero $1
      P Alex Reyes $7
      OF Lane Thomas $1
      OF Tyler O'Neill $10

Comment

I am making that deal if I am you. Hope it works out.
        After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

That's a pretty nice squad. Should be a legit contender for first.....ya, go for it.

Comment

Another vote for it. Not risk free but worth the shot.

Comment

So....was the deal made?

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                So....was the deal made?
                Yes. I pulled the trigger and have zero regrets.

I really like Soroka, but his "sell high" stock isn't going to get any higher, and with all young pitchers, the tapes will come out and hitters will adjust.

Comment

Working...
                X