how come there is a burger king but no burger queen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how come there is a burger king but no burger queen

did they divorce? did no-one go to burger queen and it went out of business? is there a burger prince or burger princess?

Originally posted by nullnor View Post
    did they divorce? did no-one go to burger queen and it went out of business? is there a burger prince or burger princess?
    There was a Burger Chef .... in 1969 they were the second largest chain in the country, only a few hundred stores behind McDs. They expanded too fast though, started bleeding money and were eventually sold off to Hardees.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

“Burger Queen.” The restaurant chain, which launched in 1963, stayed as “Burger Queen” up until 1981, when they changed their name to Druther’s.

This change was supposedly because they wanted people to not just associate them with burgers, since they served other foods. I can’t help but think that the name change might have been brought about because of comparisons to a similarly named and much more popular burger chain. Nowadays only one Druther’s exists, most of the locations having been converted to Dairy Queens and other fast food eateries.

Comment

Obviously she hates burgers and is the Dairy Queen. They all live in a White Castle.

Comment

Why is there a Jack-in-the-Box, but no Jill-in-the-Box?
          “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

Why does everyone watch judge Judy, netting her $150 million a year, but no one liked her husband, judge Jerry, who also tried being a TV judge, and who has essentially the same personality and manner, but failed miserably?

Comment

Why do people hijack threads but nobody says "Hi, Jack!"?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
                why don't you try some out of the box thinking for a change ....
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Why do people hijack threads but nobody says "Hi, Jack!"?
                  It's as if they wandered into the wrong neighborhood by mistake or something.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I saw "Jack in the Box" in the movies years ago.

not at all what I expected - but the nudity was tasteful and essential to advancing the plot, so I was good with it.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Why is there a Judge Jude, but I've never seen him hand down a sentence?

Comment

because Jill knows what Jack did in that box
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          because Jill knows what Jack did in that box
                          Her box?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            Her box?
                            Why is there a Ken, but no Barbie?

Comment

why is there a Steve, but no (Mc)Queen?

#closingtheloop
                              #dropsmic
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                              X