Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denver voters approve decriminalizing (psychoactive) mushrooms

Bravo!

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Mushrooms helped me quit drinking. Very therapeutic experience, almost every time. Only had a couple bad trips out of maybe 100 times, pretty decent odds. I'm a once per year guy at this point, so there's clearly not a huge risk of creating mushroom addicts. I mean, I know micro-dosing is becoming popular, but I don't think people would do more and more... its poison, so it only works once per week max, doesn't really work 2-3 days in a row. Perfect type of drug, requires a detox period to ride the ride again.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

i have wanted to try dmt (damn you joe rogan) for years. and i am the most square dude on planet with drugs, i literally have never even had a regular cancer cig, nm pot, or any other drug. well, alcohol is in my wheelhouse.

but i havent a clue how to purchase dmt and be sure what it is. if it is legal, assume this would require legit product consistent with label. would prefer not to buy something that will have me naked in the streets eating the face off of someone.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
        i have wanted to try dmt (damn you joe rogan) for years. and i am the most square dude on planet with drugs, i literally have never even had a regular cancer cig, nm pot, or any other drug. well, alcohol is in my wheelhouse.

but i havent a clue how to purchase dmt and be sure what it is. if it is legal, assume this would require legit product consistent with label. would prefer not to buy something that will have me naked in the streets eating the face off of someone.
        I've never been offered the option to buy DMT. My mushroom guy sometimes had more exotic drugs (Ketamine and Ecstacy/MDMA, and probably other things), but I've never come across it. I too, would like to try DMT before I die.

I endorse mushrooms, but I strongly dislike the Ecstacy hangover and would never do it again... have not tried LSD. The word acid always scared me, and some troublesome stories from friends... but I would probably also try it at some point. It can't be too harmful if the inventor lived past 100.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

I'm mostly square too, but DMT is also on my bucket list.

Comment

I don't know if DMT would be my actual gateway into drugs, I'd recommend smoking some weed once or twice, just so you have the confidence to say "its just the drugs" should something seriously weird occur. I say this from experience, I saw too many people freak the shit out because LSD was the first drug they ever took. I remember being locked into a spiral of "this is all a construct like a person painting a picture, but wait, what if someone was painting a picture of the person painting a picture, but wait..." that I finally had to calm my panicked brain by saying "Easy there tiger, its just the drugs" before I fell all the way down the rabbit hole
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
              I don't know if DMT would be my actual gateway into drugs, I'd recommend smoking some weed once or twice, just so you have the confidence to say "its just the drugs" should something seriously weird occur. I say this from experience, I saw too many people freak the shit out because LSD was the first drug they ever took. I remember being locked into a spiral of "this is all a construct like a person painting a picture, but wait, what if someone was painting a picture of the person painting a picture, but wait..." that I finally had to calm my panicked brain by saying "Easy there tiger, its just the drugs" before I fell all the way down the rabbit hole
              Good advice.

ETA: When Dr. Strassman was conducting research studies, participants had to have done a LOT of psychedelics to be eligible (100+ trips IIRC). It's not a recreational drug.
              Last edited by DMT; 05-11-2019, 03:18 PM.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

my base of wanting to do dmt, or ayahuasca, as a guided trip in safe spot is from rogan podcast and about a dozen other youtube vids with scientists. an ayahuasca trip is available, legal, here in us with a native american tribe, or in south america as part of a ritual, and normally is a weekend long prepping culminating in use with someone experienced as a chaperone to make sure you dont run off into woods or choke on your own vomit. side effects of ayahuasca, the vomit or diahrea, sounds unpleasant enough I was hoping for dmt, which has its own challenges, one being in rare cases people do not disembark the voyage and remain in a fractured state. rogan has said he felt entire world would be different if everyone had 1 guided trip.

Comment

Working...
                X