X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While you were all sleeping.....

....Mike Fiers no-hit the Reds & Justin Turner hit 3 HRs

I wonder how many folks "didn't start the Fiers."

If they didn't, that's one painful earworm today.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

- Fiers becomes only the 35th pitcher to throw 2 no-hitters
      - it was the 300th no-hitter in MLB history

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I wonder how many folks "didn't start the Fiers."

If they didn't, that's one painful earworm today.
        My $2 Fiers lowered his era to 5.48 and his whip to 1.24. He is good enough for me to keep he is good enough for me to start.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          He joins Justin Verlander, Max Scherzer, Jake Arrieta, and Homer Bailey as the only active pitchers with 2 no-hitters.

Only five pitchers have had more:
          Nolan Ryan - 7
          Sandy Koufax - 4
          Bob Feller - 3
          Cy Young - 3
          Larry Corcoran - 3
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            - it was the 300th no-hitter in MLB history
            And lowest attendance in a no-hitter supposedly.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
              Geez, why didn't they show up for a no-hitter? If that can't get them to the stadium nothing will.

Comment

Originally posted by Sam View Post
                Maybe officially. Hideo Nomo tossed a no-hitter in a virtually empty Coors Field in 1996 on a cold, rainy, foggy September night that featured two game stoppages, IIRC. Whatever the announced attendance was, there were only a few hundred left by the end of it.

Bob Forsch has got to be the most mediocre pitcher in MLB with multiple no-hitters. Except for maybe Mike Fiers.
                "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
                "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
                "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

I was at Mike Fiers first no-hitter. Those are strange words to type.
                  "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
                    I was at Mike Fiers first no-hitter. Those are strange words to type.
                    Actually all of those words look normal other than Fiers. It should probably be spelled Fires instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Geez, why didn't they show up for a no-hitter? If that can't get them to the stadium nothing will.
                      nicely played.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
                        Maybe officially. Hideo Nomo tossed a no-hitter in a virtually empty Coors Field in 1996 on a cold, rainy, foggy September night that featured two game stoppages, IIRC. Whatever the announced attendance was, there were only a few hundred left by the end of it.

Bob Forsch has got to be the most mediocre pitcher in MLB with multiple no-hitters. Except for maybe Mike Fiers.
                        I think Theodore Breitenstein, Al Atkinson & Homer Bailey give him a run for the money.

Comment

Working...
                        X