Luke Weaver for Chris Archer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Weaver for Chris Archer

I'm being offered Archer. I got Weaver cheap, so I think he will be a keeper. Archer won't be. But I'm in it to win it this year, so who do you like ROS?

I’d like to say Archer, but it’s close, especially with the fact Weaver could be a keeper. I think I’d need a lil’ sweetener to get it done.

Comment

Yeah, Luke is looking good, and I am afraid of trading for arms on the IL, even if it is supposed to be minor. I am tempted to ask for Matt Barnes too, but I don't have room and I'd have to cut or give Seranthony Dominguez or Jose LeClerc or Michael Givens, and I'm not sure Barnes is a big upgrade with him not being the preferred closer.

Comment

I pulled the trigger. It is a gamble trading for another hurt SP having just lost Kluber, but Archer was an auction target of mine and while I like Weaver, I think Archer will be better the ROS. I also picked up Barnes for Dominguez. Honestly, this was so close, Braiser's blown save tonight tipped more over. If Barnes ends up as the primary closer, I'll be very happy with this deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          I pulled the trigger. It is a gamble trading for another hurt SP having just lost Kluber, but Archer was an auction target of mine and while I like Weaver, I think Archer will be better the ROS. I also picked up Barnes for Dominguez. Honestly, this was so close, Braiser's blown save tonight tipped more over. If Barnes ends up as the primary closer, I'll be very happy with this deal.
          Good deal. Good luck with it.

Comment

I would have kept Weaver but I can't blame you, this one really could be argued either direction - all depends on how much you trust Weaver's turnaround.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              I would have kept Weaver but I can't blame you, this one really could be argued either direction - all depends on how much you trust Weaver's turnaround.
              I think he is legit, certainly as a keeper, but I worry he may hit a bit of a wall late this year, as his career high of 136 IP was last year. I still wouldn't have done it one for one, but unless the Red Sox trade for a closer or sign Kimbrel, I feel like talent will win out and Barnes will end up with a decent number of saves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                I think he is legit, certainly as a keeper, but I worry he may hit a bit of a wall late this year, as his career high of 136 IP was last year. I still wouldn't have done it one for one, but unless the Red Sox trade for a closer or sign Kimbrel, I feel like talent will win out and Barnes will end up with a decent number of saves.
                I'm with Ken, I had Archer last year and there was never a player that was so frustrating to own...I wish you luck in your deal, and sound sleep.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  I'm with Ken, I had Archer last year and there was never a player that was so frustrating to own...I wish you luck in your deal, and sound sleep.
                  And I agree with Horns and Ken. I like Leave it to Weaver better than Archer.

Comment

Well, if it doesn't work out, I'll get to use this deal to combat the impression in the league that I win all deals and take advantage of the ignorance of other owners, so I'll still count it as a win .

Already this year, I've traded for Goldschmidt, Nolan Arenado, Khris Davis, Michael Brantley, Chris Sale, and Chris Archer. I traded away hot starters like Brandon Lowe, Yandy Diaz, Chris Paddack, Albies, and most of my best prospects. I tried not to let SSS influence me over my preseason projections. I'm sure I'll regret trading some of these guys as they are all cheap keepers, but I'm trying to repeat and I'm banking on the bigger names wining out for me.

Comment

Working...
                    X