Is Harper Overrated?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Harper Overrated?

Down to .230 BA from his last AB. Just like last year. Started off great then BA went screaming down. His K and contact are both going in the wrong direction. Your thoughts?

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    Down to .230 BA from his last AB. Just like last year. Started off great then BA went screaming down. His K and contact are both going in the wrong direction. Your thoughts?
    I'd like to think he's pressing... he's done everything else right in coming to a new city, I think he wants to perform...

At least I'm really really hoping that's all it is.
    I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

he's about a $25 player except for one year at $41.

and idiots like me froze him at $41 last year - and again this year.

he'll wear someone else's unis in my league in 2020!

finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I think he's a very good player who gets the brunt of East Coast media hype. If you count minutes on air, you'd think he's the best player in the game, by a wide margin, especially when you see how little press Mike Trout gets in comparison.

I don't blame him for it, and I know there are plenty of legitimate factors that lead to this, but it still is what it is.

Comment

The last two years he has been very good especially if you play OBP.

Still only 26 he has room to improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            The last two years he has been very good especially if you play OBP.

Still only 26 he has room to improve.
            excellent point. I play in an AVG league, which is why I am a moron.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Not as overrated as Mac Williamson

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                he's about a $25 player except for one year at $41.

and idiots like me froze him at $41 last year - and again this year.

he'll wear someone else's unis in my league in 2020!

All depends on format. In an OBP format, he's quite valuable. Even in last seasons down year he posted a .390 OBP, 13 SBs, 30+ HRs and 100+ R/RBIs. Those are $35+ numbers

Comment

I drafted him for I think $42 last season. Ours is a BA not OBP but his HR, R RBI and SB were all very good. His BA did negate some of the counting stats. I didn't keep him as his BA trend to me doesn't translate to being a $40 plus player. Of course in an OBP that is a different story. However in real baseball he is being paid an incredible salary so as a fan how would you feel having a hitter that has a BA ranging between .240-.260 for the rest of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                    I drafted him for I think $42 last season. Ours is a BA not OBP but his HR, R RBI and SB were all very good. His BA did negate some of the counting stats. I didn't keep him as his BA trend to me doesn't translate to being a $40 plus player. Of course in an OBP that is a different story. However in real baseball he is being paid an incredible salary so as a fan how would you feel having a hitter that has a BA ranging between .240-.260 for the rest of his career.
                    Is he going to hit 350 hrs, score 1000 runs and drive in 950, then pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                    X