Nate Lowe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nate Lowe?

I was just approached by the Nate Lowe 10F owner looking for starting pitching.

I am not that excited about him at 10. Still if I can get him cheap enough, maybe.

Can you give me a type of starter you would offer for him? 12 team AL only 5x5 OBP instead of ave.

Thank you.

I like Lowe a lot. I own him in AL Only at $5 on my farm, and I'm hoping he can get hot to either allow me to deal Voit $3 or Vogelbach $4, or to deal Lowe and keep the others.

I saw a "double-plus raw" blurb that piqued my interest, but the stellar plate approach (great K and BB rates) should lead to an excellent OBP play with moderate power at least. Slow start in his first week, even at $10 he's a decent speculative play.

What pitchers do you have that he would want? I think a decent starter or 2nd tier CP is worth Lowe at $10F. Frae just acquired him in RJEL, 18 tm mixed... he dealt a closer, Will Smith. My 2 cents was that Smith could be dealt into a setup role in 6 weeks, so if you're dumping, do it without thinking twice. Lowe is great in OBP format, great get for Smith.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

He would probably cost me a $14 and done Bieber or a $19 and done Price.

Is he worth one of those assets or am I better off to combine my assets for a bigger prize.

I posted here because I may be undervaluing Lowe and do not want to miss out. I also do not want to overpay.

Comment

I guess if Price is injured for a significant amount of time then getting anything back makes sense.

I don’t think I’d move Bieber for that return at this point. Seems like you can get more.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          I guess if Price is injured for a significant amount of time then getting anything back makes sense.

I don’t think I’d move Bieber for that return at this point. Seems like you can get more.
          I moved Bieber x contract with some other minor pieces for a $21B Rosario.

Now that Lowe is back up, the owner (in 1st) wants to move him to help win now. I made him an offer that he rejected and has come back and offered Nate for Price.

I am re-posting to get updated or more feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I moved Bieber x contract with some other minor pieces for a $21B Rosario.

Now that Lowe is back up, the owner (in 1st) wants to move him to help win now. I made him an offer that he rejected and has come back and offered Nate for Price.

I am re-posting to get updated or more feedback.
            Yandy Diaz was activates today and Lowe demoted again.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Yandy Diaz was activates today and Lowe demoted again.
              He is still on the owners active roster so by our rules he can trade him. If he puts him down to reserve he has to wait until he is called back up.

I have an offer of Price and Phegley for Danny Jansen 2A and Alex Colome 18A that I am waiting for. If that doesn't work out I am considering Lowe.

What do you think of Lowe?

Comment

I have made deals in my AL only, one where I traded Nate Lowe, one where I acquired David Price. I'll share my prices paid.

Traded away Lowe (Farm, 3 years @ $5 until extension) + Berrios $10 ('20) + 1st Rd pick for M. Tanaka $28X + G. Cole $34B + 5th rd pick... I paid a bit of a premium, and pushed me up to the salary cap... I figure Tanaka nearly replicates Berrios, I add the best SP available, and if Cole stays in the AL, $34 is $20 under auction price, so he has a 50+% chance of becoming an acceptable stud keeper price.

I also traded away Wander Franco for JD Martinez $53B + D. Price $17X.

I think the $10 salary for Lowe in your case limits his appeal, and Price is probably worth more than Lowe alone... take advantage of the Ray's recent 1 day callup, and his currently depressed AAA line, and make the case that you are willing to deal Price for Lowe, but you need a sweetener. That would be my approach.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                X