League stability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• League stability

How much turnover does your favorite league have? An owner pointed out tonight that our newest member has been around since 2008!
    Less than a year
    0%
    1-2 years
    0%
    3-5 years
    0%
    5-7 years
    0%
    7-10 years
    0%
    more than 10 years
    0%

The poll is expired.

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

but 11 out of 12 have been in the league 12 years at least and half plus 20 with me plus 30

Comment

My 25-yr old 16-team redraft league had an opening this past offseason, but only because we decided to remove him. Otherwise, openings come usually once very 4-5 years or so.

Comment

In our NL league it was voted to remove an owner 4 years ago.

In our AL league we had an owner leave two years ago.

We did a major overhaul ( now in our 3rd year) of rules changes. This was to slow down dumping and make the auction more important. It has proven successful. If we didn't do it we would have lost players and possibly both leagues.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          My 25-yr old 16-team redraft league had an opening this past offseason, but only because we decided to remove him. Otherwise, openings come usually once very 4-5 years or so.
          curious what the owner did or didn't do which lead to his release

Comment

The League began in 1991 so this is our 29th year!

Zeke - original (ME)
            John - original
            Rich - original
            Dom - 1993
            Ron - 1999 (MADDUCKS)
            Nick - 2004
            Joe M - 2005
            Ryan - 2005
            Joe - 2008 (MAG 7)
            Bill - 2008
            Frank - 2009
            Dane - 2013
            Mike - 2014
            Tim - 2018
            "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

The league started in 2005. No changes from last year but 7 out of the 10 owners have been here for most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                curious what the owner did or didn't do which lead to his release
                I'm sure every league has one of these owners who no one knows, who goes the entire season without making a peep in any trade talks, who has complaints lodged against him from other owners and has to be prodded by the commish to respond to trade offers, who builds up insurmountable leads in some categories and doesn't even think to capitalize on those commodities....yeah, well it was that guy. After 10 years in the league, enough was enough. I think all of us on this board can quickly finger the amateur among the sharks, and he had built up just enough bad will over the years to be removed. We had guys knocking on the door to come in, and here was a guy who either didn't appreciate or no longer cared enough to bother.

Comment

I'm sure every league has one of these owners who no one knows, who goes the entire season without making a peep in any trade talks, who has complaints lodged against him from other owners and has to be prodded by the commish to respond to trade offers, who builds up insurmountable leads in some categories and doesn't even think to capitalize on those commodities....yeah, well it was that guy. After 10 years in the league, enough was enough. I think all of us on this board can quickly finger the amateur among the sharks, and he had built up just enough bad will over the years to be removed. We had guys knocking on the door to come in, and here was a guy who either didn't appreciate or no longer cared enough to bother.
                  At least you got to take his money every year

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                    I feel like one donator is fine in every league. (that's what we call the team that pays their entry fee and then has zero chance because they don't actually play)

If you have a long waiting list though, I understand moving on too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      I feel like one donator is fine in every league. (that's what we call the team that pays their entry fee and then has zero chance because they don't actually play)

If you have a long waiting list though, I understand moving on too.
                      One of the my leagues original members (29 years), has finished in the money exactly 1 time. Talk about a donator.
                      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        LOL. This guy won the league as a rookie, but has kind of coasted since then (and it's a re-draft league).

Comment

LOL. This guy won the league as a rookie, but has kind of coasted since then (and it's a re-draft league).
                          When you had the nomination to kick him out did he participate in the voting?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                            When you had the nomination to kick him out did he participate in the voting?
                            LOL, it was a stealthy execution. He never saw it coming, which didn't surprise me.

Comment

our last newbie owners - 2 of them - arrived in 2002.

two of us are originals from 1984, four others from the 1980s, four from the 1990s, plus the two "new kids."

half of the league is now retired IRL. I think the youngest owner is around 54 and the oldest is 77.
                              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                              X