Favourite Baseball Songs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favourite Baseball Songs

I just heard "Doc Gooden" from the new Mountain Goats album and thought I would share, as I know several Mountain Goats fans frequent the bar. I have a few others, but not a huge list. Will post some others as they percolate in my brain.

Really beautiful mournful chorus, "when my name was everywhere, none of you were there."
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

I think these 2 John Darnielle songs are from 23 years or so apart.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Buck 65 has a few baseball songs, including "Joey Bats", but this is the best one.

Comment

Always loved this obscurity from a mostly Spanish Jonathan Richman album, I think '94.

Comment

Of course. I like the tone of this one too. Those glory days are gonna pass you by!

Comment

John Fogerty- Center Field.

Comment

Okay, so this one doesn't fit the criteria, but I had to share. It's the Canadian hockey parent anthem. They play it constantly on the radio in my hometown. I find it pretty funny, but it's interesting too, seeing the perspective of parents pushing their children to become rich after the mills have closed down. I just laugh thinking about folks like one of my clients, Trevor Letowski's dad, blaring this in his minivan. His son was a 3rd or 4th winger for a decade, so he made a few mil (I think, I don't follow much hockey)... also the Staal brothers, 3 goalies, several others... it's a weird thing, this ontario hockey culture. The lure of riches makes some parents a little nuts, imo. Then again, a lot of today's MLB players grew up with batting cages and pitching machines as kids, so who knows. I guess the physical abuse and concussions these kids endure worry me more so than the baseball players being pushed. Probably the reason I only follow baseball now. /rant

Comment

You might need to be a Cubs fan to like this one.

Comment

Billy Joel sprinkled baseball into some of his songs:

Zanzibar:

Comment

Miami 2017:

Comment

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

We Didn't Start the Fire:

Comment

If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                            I have a tear running down my right cheek. So much emotion in this one.

Thank you for posting it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I have a tear running down my right cheek. So much emotion in this one.

Thank you for posting it.
                              Yep, totally cried first time I heard it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                              X