building for next year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building for next year

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    5 SP / 4 P with no season cap
    keep 6 major/4 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Realmuto $24 1st year keeper
    1B - O'Hearn $3
    2B - Brandon Lowe $9
    3B - Descalso $10
    SS - Rojas $10
    CI - Forsythe $10
    MI - Merrifield $16 2nd year keeper
    OF - Harper $43 7th year keeper
    OF - Trout $43 7th year keeper
    OF - Benintendi $16 2nd year keeper
    OF - Renfroe $5
    DH - Pederson $5
    SP - Nola $11 3rd year keeper
    SP - Junis $1
    SP - Kikuchi $17
    SP - Odorizzi $1
    SP - Paddack $10
    P - Alvarado $14
    P - Bradley $8
    P - Hicks $11
    P - Hudson $5
    BN - Sheffield $5
    BN - Herrera $10
    BN - Stephenson $10
    BN - Devenski $10
    BN - Bader $7
    IL - Kingery $9
    IL - Wendle $9
    MN - Rodgers $10
    MM - Riley $5
    MN - Puk $5
    MN - Singer $5

The offers I've had for Harper haven't been worth considering. The only offer I have in trying to rebuild for next year:

Hicks or Alvarado or Lowe for Honeywell $2 and Castellanos $19

He wants to do a 2-for-2. Which 2 would you offer up?

Considering Alvarado hasn't gotten a save in 3+ weeks and seems buried in their pen, I'd trade him as fast as possible if the other guy is clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Considering Alvarado hasn't gotten a save in 3+ weeks and seems buried in their pen, I'd trade him as fast as possible if the other guy is clueless.
      I am keeping Hicks and trading Alvarado for any of those.

Do you mind me asking what place you are in? I am not understanding why you are a seller rather than a buyer?

Comment

I'm bouncing between 12th-16th. I finished 5th last year, the first time in the money in 20 years.

Comment

I offered Alvardo for Honeywell. He countered with Hicks for Honeywell. Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
            I offered Alvardo for Honeywell. He countered with Hicks for Honeywell. Thoughts?
            Heck no.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Heck no.
              This.

Your trading partner must suspect that you are a fan of prospects. I would tell him an $11 dollar Hicks is worth much more than Honeywell at this point in the season.

Do you have Hicks posted to your league?

I am just curious, who do you consider the top 6 most desirable keepers in the whole league? Name and contract please.

Comment

Top 6?

OF Yelich $25 3rd year kept
                SP Snell $11 2nd year kept
                RP Hader $9 1st year kept
                OF Bellinger $7 2nd year kept
                3B Baez $10 1st year kept
                SP Corbin $8 1st year kept

Comment

Top 6?

OF Yelich $25 3rd year kept
                  SP Snell $11 2nd year kept
                  RP Hader $9 1st year kept
                  OF Bellinger $7 2nd year kept
                  3B Baez $10 1st year kept
                  SP Corbin $8 1st year kept
                  I asked for the top 6 as that is how many keepers you get (plus 4 minor leaguers). These should be your targets if you are rebuilding this early. While I might disagree with your idea of the top 6 you have the resources to get all or most of your top 6.

Comment

Y
                    Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                    I asked for the top 6 as that is how many keepers you get (plus 4 minor leaguers). These should be your targets if you are rebuilding this early. While I might disagree with your idea of the top 6 you have the resources to get all or most of your top 6.
                    I agree with this 100%. If you’re playing for next year, you need to do your homework on who the top keepers are, and then go out and target them. Don’t let teams come to you, that makes little sense.

Right now, your 6th keeper is Hicks, Joc, Paddack or Lowe, depending on how the season plays out. So I’m not dealing ANY of them in ANY deal. You can always move them in the offseason if you have too many.

Realmuto is your best trade chip since he’s not a keeper for you.

I play in a couple of 16-teamers, and I have to admit you have a lot of dreck. Not sure how you ended up with that much crud on your team.

Comment

I was banking on my fliers Odoizzi, Roark,Junis, Hudson, Woodruff doing better. I hoped that O'Hearn's 2nd half last season would carry over or Bader could take a step forward or Rodgers and Riley would be up by now.

I want to just toss my hands up at this point. After finishing in the money last year, I thought I'd be competitive, but that is clearly not the case.

My top 6 keeper possibilities at this point - Trout, Benintendi, Merrifield, Pederson, Lowe, Nola, Paddack, Hicks.
                      Last edited by DJRadar; 05-02-2019, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I was banking on my fliers Odoizzi, Roark,Junis, Hudson, Woodruff doing better. I hoped that O'Hearn's 2nd half last season would carry over or Bader could take a step forward or Rodgers and Riley would be up by now.

I want to just toss my hands up at this point. After finishing in the money last year, I thought I'd be competitive, but that is clearly not the case.

My top 6 keeper possibilities at this point - Trout, Benintendi, Merrifield, Pederson, Lowe, Nola, Paddack, Hicks.
                        You don't have Harper as a keeper?

Is your auction bankroll $260 or $400?

Comment

Auction budget is $260. In-season cap is $400.

I don't want to tie up so much of my budget in 2 guys along with Trout. I had a difficult time this year finding pitching. It's only going to be harder if I keep both of them.

Comment

Working...
                          X