2019: Starling Marte

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019: Starling Marte

Starling Marte had to be carted off of the field on Friday after colliding with teammate Erik Gonzalez while converging on a fly ball.
    It appeared that Marte's right knee collided with Gonzalez, who was running full speed into center field chasing the pop fly. He also may have taken a forearm to the throat. Marte will head for further evaluation. Look for the Pirates to provide an update on his status as soon as one becomes available.

SOURCE: Adam Berry on Twitter
    Apr 19, 2019, 9:52 PM

I guess we will find out the severity soon enough.

The video looked like Gonzalez's upper hip slammed into Marte's lower rib cage. I'm expecting him to be out for awhile with a rib injury.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
      The video looked like Gonzalez's upper hip slammed into Marte's lower rib cage. I'm expecting him to be out for awhile with a rib injury.
      Thanks for the update.

Comment

Upon further review it looks like Marte took a shot to the groin. What's misleading is that Marte was seen clutching his upper abdomen/lower rib area afterward. I wish the Pirates would give us some news already.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Pirates are calling up shortstop Cole Tucker and outfielder Bryan Reynolds to replace Gonzalez and Marte. But, still no timetable for Marte.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Pirates are calling up shortstop Cole Tucker and outfielder Bryan Reynolds to replace Gonzalez and Marte. But, still no timetable for Marte.
            As a Marte owner I threw a dart at Reynolds. Sent Victor Victor Mesa packing, who I recently picked off the waiver wire (dynasty league).

Comment

Saying it is an apparent right knee injury. One play cause 2 DL. How often does that happen?

Comment

The Pirates placed OF Starling Marte on the 10-day injured list with an abdominal wall contusion. Two weeks is probably the best that Marte owners could have hoped for.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                X