2019 NFL Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 NFL Draft

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, scouts for the Raiders were sent home Friday and are not expected to return ahead of next week's draft.

Well this is a new one. Apparently new GM Mike Mayock, who was handpicked by Jon Gruden after forcing out Reggie McKenzie last year, isn't sure "who he can trust with his draft secrets." Yikes. This is either a monumental case of paranoia or the Raiders scouting department simply couldn't get on the same page. Purging the team's entire scouting presence six days before the draft is a bold strategy and clearly a power struggle is being waged deep inside the Oakland Coliseum. That's been the case since Gruden arrived from the broadcast booth last year. With three picks in the first round (Nos. 4, 24 and 27), the Raiders absolutely have to get this right.
    (Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter/Rotoworld)
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Great idea, jettison all the day in day out scouts in favor of the two TV analysts.

Comment

The Steelers trade 1st (2019), 2nd (2019), & 3rd (2020) round picks to the Broncos to select Michigan LB Devin Bush with the No. 10 overall pick in the 2019 NFL Draft.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

FIRST ROUND PICKS

1. Arizona Cardinals: Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

2. San Francisco 49ers: Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

3. New York Jets: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

4. Oakland Raiders: Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Devin White, LB, LSU

6. New York Giants: Daniel Jones, QB, Duke

7. Jacksonville Jaguars: Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky

8. Detroit Lions: T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa

9. Buffalo Bills: Ed Oliver, DT, Houston

10. Pittsburgh Steelers (via trade with Broncos): Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

11. Cincinnati Bengals: Jonah Williams, OT/OG, Alabama

12. Green Bay Packers: Rashan Gary, DE/LB, Michigan

13. Miami Dolphins: Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

14. Atlanta Falcons: Chris Lindstrom, OG, Boston College

15. Washington Redskins: Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

16. Carolina Panthers: Brian Burns, DE, Florida State

17. New York Giants: Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

18. Minnesota Vikings: Garrett Bradbury, C, North Carolina State

19. Tennessee Titans: Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

20. Denver Broncos (via trade with Steelers): Noah Fant, TE, Iowa

21. Green Bay Packers (via trade with Seahawks): Darnell Savage, S, Maryland

22. Philadelphia Eagles (via trade with Ravens): Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State

23. Houston Texans: Tytus Howard, OT, Alabama State

24. Oakland Raiders: Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama

25. Baltimore Ravens (via trade with Eagles): Marquise "Hollywood" Brown, WR, Oklahoma

26. Washington Redskins (via trade with Colts): Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

27. Oakland Raiders: Johnathan Abram, S, Mississippi State

28. Los Angeles Chargers: Jerry Tillery, DT, Notre Dame

29. Seattle Seahawks: L.J. Collier, DE, TCU

30. New York Giants (via trade with Seahawks): Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

31. Atlanta Falcons (via trade with Rams): Kaleb McGary, OT, Washington

32. New England Patriots: N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

― Albert Einstein

Comment

From the anecdotes are not data department: I have several Giants-fan friends who are livid about taking Jones over Haskins, and my Lions-fan friend really hates their pick (probably got flashbacks to Eric Ebron).
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I think it's funny that the Raiders kicked out their scouts to pick Clelin Ferrell. There was a 0.0% chance that he was going to get picked in the top 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
              From the anecdotes are not data department: I have several Giants-fan friends who are livid about taking Jones over Haskins, and my Lions-fan friend really hates their pick (probably got flashbacks to Eric Ebron).
              Mike Valenti who is a radio sport talk host here in Detroit is a Giants fan. Hates their GM and said he would be happy with any other pick than Jones. On the TJ pick many fans here are not happy with the pick. Last 20 years only 4 TE picked in the top ten and Lions have half of those.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                I think it's funny that the Raiders kicked out their scouts to pick Clelin Ferrell. There was a 0.0% chance that he was going to get picked in the top 3.
                That was a strange selection.

Comment

It was a big night for my hometown of Montclair, NJ, as Josh Allen was a celebrated Montclair High School Mountie. A lot of Jersey folks angry at the Giants and Jets for passing on him, though.

Comment

Just a horrendous 1st round for the Giants. When Allen & Oliver were sitting there at 6, I told my buddy they should grab one and if they wanted a QB, to trade up from 17 if need be. Turns out they could have easily gotten the guy they coveted, Jones, at 17, so they could've had him and Allen. Way too myopic. I have no idea how they had no clue other teams didn't have him ranked as highly, so if they wanted him, they could've even traded down and landed multiple picks. I hope Jones works out, but it was still a terrible, terrible miscalculation.

The Redskins had a great 1st round, IMO.

And it was kind of bizarre that the Cardinals were unable to deal Rosen away pre-draft, and now many of his suitors already came away with QBs.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                      Your Lions fan friend will change his mind. I will be shocked if Hock isn't great very early in his career.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                        Your Lions fan friend will change his mind. I will be shocked if Hock isn't great very early in his career.
                        Lions fans are going nuts (in a negative way) with the 2nd round pick Jahlani Tavai. ESPN didn't even have footage of him. Maybe Quinn knows something that the rest of the football world is clueless in.

Comment

Rosen to Miami

Comment

SECOND ROUND PICKS

33. Arizona Cardinals: Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

34. Indianapolis Colts (via trade with Jets): Rock Ya-Sin, DB, Temple

35. Jackonville Jaguars (via trade with Raiders: Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

36. San Francisco: Deebo Samuel, WR, South Carolina

37. Carolina Panthers (via trade with Seahawks): Greg Little, OT, Mississippi

38. Buffalo Bills (via trade with Raiders): Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma

39. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Sean Bunting, DB, Central Michigan

40. Oakland Raiders (via trade with Bills): Trayvon Mullen, CB, Clemson

41. Denver Broncos: Dalton Risner, OL, Kansas State

42. Denver Broncos (via trade with Bengals: Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

43. Detroit Lions: Jahlani Tavai, LB, Hawaii

44. Green Bay Packers: Elgton Jenkins, C, Mississippi State

45. New England Patriots (via trade with Rams): Joejuan Williams, CB, Vanderbilt

46. Cleveland Browns (via trade with Colts): Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

47. Seattle Seahawks (via trade with Panthers): Marquise Blair, S, Utah

48. New Orleans Saints (via trade with Dolphins): Erik McCoy, C, Texas A&M

49. Indianapolis Colts (via trade with Browns): Ben Banogu, LB, TCU

50. Minnesota Vikings: Irv Smith, TE, Alabama

51. Tennessee Titans: A.J. Brown, WR, Ole Miss

52. Cincinnati Bengals (via trade with Broncos): Drew Sample, TE, Washington

53. Philadelphia Eagles (via trade with Ravens): Miles Sanders, RB, Penn State

54. Houston Texans (via trade with Seahawks): Lonnie Johnson Jr., CB, Kentucky

55. Houston Texans: Max Scharping, OT, Northern Illinois

56. Kansas City Chiefs (via trade with Rams): Mecole Hardman, WR, Georgia

57. Philadelphia Eagles: J.J. Arcega-Whiteside, WR, Stanford

58. Dallas Cowboys: Trysten Hill, DT, Central Florida

59. Indianapolis Colts: Parris Campbell, WR, Ohio State

60. Los Angeles Chargers: Nasir Adderly, DB, Delaware

61. Los Angeles Rams (via trade with Chiefs): Taylor Rapp, S, Washington

62. Arizona Cardinals (via trade with Dolphins): Andy Isabella, WR, Massacusetts

63. Kansas City Chiefs (via trade with Rams): Juan Thornhill, S, Virginia

64. Seattle Seahawks (via trade with Patriots): D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

― Albert Einstein

Comment

THIRD ROUND PICKS

65. Arizona Cardinals: Zach Allen, DE, Boston College

66. Pittsburgh Steelers (via trade with Raiders): Diontae Johnson, WR, Toledo

67. San Francisco 49ers: Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor

68. New York Jets: Jachai Polite, LB, Florida

69. Jacksonville Jaguars: Josh Oliver, TE, San Jose State

70. Los Angeles Rams (via trade with Buccaneers): Darrell Henderson, RB, Memphis

71. Denver Broncos: Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

72. Cincinnati Bengals: Germaine Pratt, LB, North Carolina State

73. Chicago Bears (via trade with Patriots): David Montgomery, RB, Iowa State

74. Buffalo Bills: Devin Singletary, RB, Florida Atlantic

75. Green Bay Packers: Jace Sternberger, TE, Texas A&M

76. Washington Redskins: Terry McLaurin, WR, Ohio State

77. New England Patriots (via multiple trades): Chase Winovich, DE, Michigan

78. Miami Dolphins: Michael Deiter, G, Wisconsin

79. Los Angeles Rams (via trade with Falcons): David Long, DB, Michigan

80. Cleveland Browns: Sione Takitaki, LB, Brigham Young

81. Detroit Lions (via trade with Vikings): Will Harris, DB, Boston College

82. Tennessee Titans: Nate Davis, G, UNC Charlotte

83. Pittsburgh Steelers: Justin Layne, DB, Michigan State

84. Kansas City Chiefs (via trade with Seahawks): Khalen Saunders, DT, Western Illinois

85. Baltimore Ravens: Jaylon Ferguson, LB, Louisiana Tech

86. Houston Texans: Kahale Warring, TE, San Diego State

87. New England Patriots (via trade with Bears): Damien Harris, RB, Alabama

88. Seattle Seahawks (via multiple trades): Cody Barton, LB, Utah

89. Indianapolis Colts: Bobby Okereke, LB, Stanford

90. Dallas Cowboys: Connor McGovern, G, Penn State

91. Los Angeles Chargers: Trey Pipkins, T, Sioux Falls

92. New York Jets (via multiple trades): Chuma Edoga, T, USC

93. Baltimore Ravens (via multiple trades): Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame

94. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via trade with Rams): Jamel Dean, DB, Auburn

95. New York Giants (via multiple trades): Oshane Ximines, DE, Old Dominion

96. Buffalo Bills (via trade with Redskins): Dawson Knox, TE, Ole Miss

97. Los Angeles Rams (via trade with Patriots): Bobby Evans, T, Oklahoma

98. Jacksonville Jaguars (via trade with Rams): Quincy Williams, LB, Murray State

99. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (via trade with Rams): Mike Edwards, DB, Kentucky

100. Carolina Panthers: Will Grier, QB, West Virginia

101. New England Patriots (via trade with Rams): Yodny Cajuste, T, West Virginia

102. Minnesota Vikings (via trade with Ravens): Alexander Mattison, RB, Boise State

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X