2019: Jacob deGrom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019: Jacob deGrom

Jacob deGrom is headed back to New York to undergo an MRI after his elbow was "barking" when he played catch Friday, per Mets manager Mickey Callaway.
    SOURCE: Tim Healey on Twitter
    Apr 19, 2019, 4:04 PM

That could be the hammer on a lot of fantasy owner's seasons....

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      That could be the hammer on a lot of fantasy owner's seasons....
      "Raises hand"
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I hope it is minor and doesn't require TJ surgery. I almost tried to trade for him in the off-season. I'm glad I didn't.

Comment

Word (at this point) is he has been struggling with strep throat and generally feeling like crap. Then some "minor" elbow pain while doing some side throwing.

Sounds precautionary....I'll stay off the ledge until the MRI results come back tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
            Word (at this point) is he has been struggling with strep throat and generally feeling like crap. Then some "minor" elbow pain while doing some side throwing.

Sounds precautionary....I'll stay off the ledge until the MRI results come back tomorrow.
            Yeah, MRI's are always scary, but this may be a rare case where it turns out not to be so bad. We will see.

Comment

Fantasy Rule #1---Pitchers Suck.
              Fantasy Rule #2---Remember rule 1

Sincerely,

A Degrom owner

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                Fantasy Rule #1---Pitchers Suck.
                Fantasy Rule #2---Remember rule 1

Sincerely,

A Degrom owner
                Not only is deGrom a pitcher, and so he is designed to ruin your fantasy season, but he's also an injured pitcher AND a Mets injured pitcher. This has DOOM written all over it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                  Not only is deGrom a pitcher, and so he is designed to ruin your fantasy season, but he's also an injured pitcher AND a Mets injured pitcher. This has DOOM written all over it.
                  But we Degrom owners were trying to be optimistic before the season began.. Fools!!!!!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

From NY Post Kevin Kernan:

The Mets will tell you they are not overly concerned about Jacob deGrom’s “barking’’ right elbow.

That alone should make you super concerned.

Comment

I've edged closer to the ledge where I can now see the long drop below.

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        I've edged closer to the ledge where I can now see the long drop below.
                        I can think of better ways to off myself.

Comment

Degrom was absolutely great last season. I traded for him and he for sure helped put me over the top. Usually I do not chase pitchers once the bidding gets over $30 just because injuries happen way too often. If I were a Degrom owner and spent close to $40 for him I would be very nervous at this point. But as some of the other poster indicated just need to wait until the MRI comes back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                            but he's also an injured pitcher AND a Mets injured pitcher. This has DOOM written all over it.
                            And he is throwing up to 120 feet already...this will end well.

Comment

Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                              And he is throwing up to 120 feet already...this will end well.
                              Also saying he feels good throwing and doesn't need an MRI. I was reading on someone twitter - "No one handles this stuff better than the Mets."

Comment

Working...
                              X