2019: Vladimir Guerrero Watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019: Vladimir Guerrero Watch

What's the latest rumor as to when he will get called up? He obviously has nothing else to prove in the minors and he seems to be past is oblique injury.

Apr 23rd when TOR returns home from their road trip.
    Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
      And it happens to be the same date buffalo starts a road trip.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Yippee !!!

Comment

originally the 23rd was the schedule but now buffalo is probably rained out for the weekend, pushing vlad's promotion back a few days

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            originally the 23rd was the schedule but now buffalo is probably rained out for the weekend, pushing vlad's promotion back a few days
            Ugh, really? Why would it matter though? Buffalo goes on the road, right?

Comment

Same reaction. If Vlad is ready to roll and it is a service time thing and they want him to debut at home, Buffalo's schedule doesnt mean anything. As long as Vlad is on the roster it is a day of service time regardless of if there's a game or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                Same reaction. If Vlad is ready to roll and it is a service time thing and they want him to debut at home, Buffalo's schedule doesnt mean anything. As long as Vlad is on the roster it is a day of service time regardless of if there's a game or not.
                I thought he was beyond the service time thing.

Comment

Yeah, he's past it unless they want to really be jerks and hold him down until mid-June for Super-two.

Apr 23 makes so much sense but who knows.

Comment

someone I know who works for mlb, situated in toronto, told me that yesterday. just passing on what I heard...
                    Last edited by Art Vandelay; 04-22-2019, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Apr 26 is the most recent rumor. Friday night in Toronto will be exciting if that's the case.

Comment

Well, I'm sure we all know by now but it's official. April 26th. Can't wait to see this kid pummel the AL.

Comment

I was hoping for a more explosive entrance. He's hitting the ball hard just everything is on the ground.

Comment

I was hoping for a more explosive entrance. He's hitting the ball hard just everything is on the ground.
                            Everyone who owns him was hoping for that. The others not so much.

I would offer a lot to get him. Unfortunately the guy who owns him is rebuilding and in last place.

Comment

Pirates manager Clint Hurdle was Vlad Sr's hitting coach with the Rangers one year and had this story to tell:

https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/cli...rrero-jr-story

Hurdle said he even called his father, Clint Sr., to tell him that he was going to get to work one-on-one with Guerrero. He showed up 30 minutes early, ready to work with a pitching machine, a tee and extra baseballs. Then Guerrero showed up with a guest.

“He walks in with Junior, and he says, ‘My son. Here. Please. Please work with my son,’” Hurdle said. “So for 30 minutes, I work with Junior -- who was 10 years old at the time -- and then he walked out.

“It wasn’t like working with a normal 10-year-old, though, I’ll tell you that. He was very advanced for 10. He hit the ball really hard. He hit the ball way too hard for a 10-year-old. That was my experience working with Vladdy.”
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                              X