Jeopardy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeopardy

Dude on Jeopardy the last 2 weeks is winning insane amounts of money compared to past winners. Twice over $100,000 for a show.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Dude on Jeopardy the last 2 weeks is winning insane amounts of money compared to past winners. Twice over $100,000 for a show.
    I once watched a video by Weird Al about losing on Jeopardy.
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

He’s a professional gambler, from what I’ve read.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        He’s a professional gambler, from what I’ve read.
        Aren't we all, really?
        “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

James Holzhauer's stats for his first 12 games are completely insane.

He owns the FIVE highest single-game scores in regular play in show history.

He is second on the earnings list in regular play, behind only Ken Jennings.

He is third in all-time earnings (regular play plus tournaments), behind only Brad Rutter and Jennings.

His AVERAGE earnings per show is just over $71,000, not far from the $77,000 that was the single-game earnings record before his arrival.

This is like watching Babe Ruth hit in 1920. It's so far above and beyond what came before that it's incomprehensible.

Could he top Jennings' record of 74 regular-play wins? It would take a lot of luck. Most likely, when he loses, it will be because, as with Jennings, he beat himself through something like betting big on the Daily Doubles and getting them all wrong.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Jamex Holzhauer wrote a piece for The Hardball Times 2012 Baseball Annual, entitled Diary of a Mad Sports Bettor.

"Jamie Holzhauer reflects on his short but successful career betting on sports: Diary of a Mad Sports Bettor"

That's one year I apparently didn't buy a copy of the annual.
            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

He is still rolling along. Over $940,00 won.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

He is still rolling along. Over $940,00 won.
                It's all luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  It's all luck.
                  That makes no sense. Something that one controls cannot be all luck, can it?

Comment

Oh the irony....

Sometimes the jokes just write themselves

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Oh the irony....

Sometimes the jokes just write themselves
                      What's the joke?

Comment

Last edited by madducks; 04-24-2019, 05:11 AM.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          I liked the previous version of this post better!

Comment

Mith, just expect to see “it’s all luck” in response to anything you post. That’s how RJ works now.

As for James, he appeared on Sportcenter with Scott Van Pelt but resisted attempts to get him to reveal his sports betting secrets. Re Jeopardy, he said he read an ebook on how to optimize the buzzing in process and spent much time practicing its teachings, and he said he goes to the expensive clues first so he can maximize the amount he can bet for Daily Doubles.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Mith, just expect to see “it’s all luck” in response to anything you post. That’s how RJ works now.
                              This is silly - sent you a PM, not worth discussing here.

Comment

Working...
                              X