Jeopardy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Anyone been watching since Ken Jennings took over as host? He is doing an admirable job, but still it is weird to hear a new voice of Jeopardy.
    Great contestant, boring host. He displays practically no personality. I dont see how he keeps the gig permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
      Great contestant, boring host. He displays practically no personality. I dont see how he keeps the gig permanently.
      I'd agree, except I remember how rough around the edges some other people were when they were starting out. As an example, Stephen Colbert, who, agree or disagree with his politics, can now be as smooth and eloquent off the cuff as anyone on tv right now, had some real fumble and stumble clunkers when he started off. But yeah, not sure he will get the chance to see if he can add some whit and charm to his hosting. Of course, he has big shoes to fill. Hard to see anyone else in the role after so many years of Alex doing his thing.

Comment

Alex made it look easy - it's not easy.

similar to Johnny Carson, in that he seemed so gregarious but was not, really.

a former colleague of mine was a contestant once (got Final Jeopardy right, but finished second).

she was young and attractive, and I teased her about how smooth Alex must have been around her.

she said he never said a word to any of the contestants, aside from what you saw on TV - all business.

showed up on time for taping, hit the marks - and that was it. that's a wrap, bring on the next contestants. rinse and repeat.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Anyone been watching since Ken Jennings took over as host? He is doing an admirable job, but still it is weird to hear a new voice of Jeopardy.
          Sorry about that. I'll work harder. Can I offer you some Lite Caesar for the trouble?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
            Sorry about that. I'll work harder. Can I offer you some Lite Caesar for the trouble?
            Lite Caesar? Get a rope.
            If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
            Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
              Lite Caesar? Get a rope.
              How about just half a bottle ?
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                How about just half a bottle ?
                30 lashes with a limp noodle (apologies to the spaghetti monster in the sky)
                If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by rhd View Post
                  Maybe he is just the placeholder to lower the bar. Then the next one will have a chance.

Comment

Jennings seems pretty good.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                    X