AL-only trading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AL-only trading

AL-only 5x5. I have by a wide margin the best SPs in the league, and my hitting should be pretty good but I have no speed. My counting stats have been pretty bad but that's mostly an artifact of Mahtook and Welington Castillo being awful and Miggy and Simmons being bad; I should have Vlad in a couple days and Upton in a month or two and the non-speed categories will work themselves out.

Someone wants to trade a hitter for a pitcher but he has a very stars-and-scrubs team and I don't know how to value guys at this level well enough to figure out trades, especially since all of my guys have keeper value and his mostly don't. Any opinions on what specific deals I should ask for or avoid?

Raises are the normal $5 per additional year.

He has: Bregman expiring, Correa expiring, Trout expiring, Tim Anderson expiring, Jose Ramirez $23/2022, and Eddie Rosario $18/2021.
    I have: Bauer $13/2021, Bieber $5/year 2, German $4/year 1, Snell $16/2021

I also have Salvador Perez $1/year 1 and Manaea $5/year 1 and a bunch of good minor leaguers so I could just skip this and wait for someone to start dumping.

Also, an unrelated note from this league because it's impressive: It's a 10-team league and most teams have 25-35 HR and 100ish RBI/R. One team has 9 HR, 44 RBI, 53 R. He spent $50 each on Stanton and Kluber, which has been pretty painful, and ended up needing eight $1 hitters. Of his fourteen hitters, only four are hitting above .200.
    Last edited by mjl; 04-16-2019, 03:21 AM.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

This is obviously not a dump trade, but one that is intended to help you both in areas of need.

I would start by asking him who is he willing to trade to get a keeper pitcher?

Comment

I wouldn't be dealing 2 extra cheap years of Bauer or Snell without receiving any keepers in return, or a massive package of expiring contracts.

I might consider Jose Ramirez for Snell straight up, but your trading partner likely won't want to give up the extra year of control over Ramirez. With Ramirez costing $7 more per year, they seem pretty close in value.
      Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        I wouldn't be dealing 2 extra cheap years of Bauer or Snell without receiving any keepers in return, or a massive package of expiring contracts.

I might consider Jose Ramirez for Snell straight up, but your trading partner likely won't want to give up the extra year of control over Ramirez. With Ramirez costing $7 more per year, they seem pretty close in value.
        I think this is a good call and a fair trade.

Comment

I will say this of Bauer - who knows where he will be in the future - Maybe NL so if you could get a BIG BIG haul for him I would have to do it. I am a Bauer Owner also but only for this year.

Comment

Working...
          X