Sonovabench!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sonovabench!

Ugh, I just need to vent. Last week I benched Tim Anderson while he went off. This week I benched Meadows who's of course going off. The only reason I benched him is because since my league foolishly switched our pick-ups to Monday nights, he had a 5-game week and had been sitting vs LHPs. GRRRRRRRR
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

It's all luck anyway
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      Ugh, I just need to vent. Last week I benched Tim Anderson while he went off. This week I benched Meadows who's of course going off. The only reason I benched him is because since my league foolishly switched our pick-ups to Monday nights, he had a 5-game week and had been sitting vs LHPs. GRRRRRRRR
      Convince your league to do daily moves but I do feel your pain.

Comment

that would be one route to go
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          that would be one route to go
          Or suck it up and live with it.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            Or suck it up and live with it.
            you must be new here

I think we need to revive those "vent" threads. it's kind of a 'safe space' for this
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

you must be new here

I think we need to revive those "vent" threads. it's kind of a 'safe space' for this
              Yea this was intended just for that.
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

If it makes you feel better, I left Yonder Alonso on my bench (we have lineup changes twice a week) in favor of Rowdy Tellez, who didn’t start tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  Yea this was intended just for that.
                  Waaaah!!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

you must be new here

We should have separate vent threads for mixed, only, daily, and weekly leagues. We could make it into a case study by seeing which types of leagues cause more misery. I'm only half joking.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It happens to everybody. Can't tell you many times I either left a player on the bench who produced or started a player who i should have left on the bench. Left Burnes 1st start on the bench with those 12 Ks and Gausman first start also on the bench.

Nostradamus? Precogs? Gypsy fortune tellers?

Comment

As i am wont to say...

The Fantasy gods are fucking cruel !!

Maybe i should bench my entire team except Domingo and JD!

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          As i am wont to say...

The Fantasy gods are fucking cruel !!

Maybe i should bench my entire team except Domingo and JD!
                          Cruel would finally benching Chris Davis only to see the box score today.

Comment

The Yankees are skipping Domingo German's start this weekend. So, i leave him on my bench. Today he pitched 2 perfect innings in relief with 4 k's and the win. Crap.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                            X