Breakouts that may be real

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Hard Hit % is up slightly so there's some optimism that this is real. The BABIP is a little high, I think a .275 BA is more realistic, but there's nothing wrong with that.

Conforto has been good in stretches in the past. He just needs to stay healthy.
    I am bullish on Conforto:

2017 .279/.384/.555
    2018 (2nd half) .273/.356/.539

To me the 1st half last year was a wash as he was still recovering from his injury.

So to me low side .270/.355/.540

Would not be shocked in the slightest to see .285/.380/.555

That is a darn near elite triple slash!

Another thing in his favor, I belief he is settling into being the everyday RF which can only help.
    Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

A little note that people might not be aware of on Tim Anderson he didn't start playing baseball until his junior year of high school. The learning curve is in his favor in my opinion.
      Comparing a Fantasy Baseball Draft to an Auction is like comparing Checkers to Chess!!!

Comment

Elvis Andrus has started out hot, and it looks like 2018 was the anomoly.

15 Hr / 25 Sb seems reasonable again.

Comment

Franmil Reyes
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
            Franmil Reyes
            Are you sure you are in the right thread? (I like Franmil to easily improve on his .224/.298 but that's not what I'd call a hot start)

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
              Are you sure you are in the right thread? (I like Franmil to easily improve on his .224/.298 but that's not what I'd call a hot start)
              Well, I'm thinking more of breakouts that may be real, not so much hot starts, and despite the surface stats, I think he is amidst a monster breakout.
              Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                Well, I'm thinking more of breakouts that may be real, not so much hot starts, and despite the surface stats, I think he is amidst a monster breakout.
                Fair enough.

Comment

Kingery still has a limited roll, but is showing the promise he was expected to show last year
                  I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    Kingery still has a limited roll, but is showing the promise he was expected to show last year
                    Yes, he is on a role
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                      Yes, he is on a role
                      You keep using these words. I don't think they mean what heyelander thinks they mean.

Comment

Originally posted by kldub4life View Post
                        A little note that people might not be aware of on Tim Anderson he didn't start playing baseball until his junior year of high school. The learning curve is in his favor in my opinion.
                        He has a .500 babip going into today. Given that and the .291 career OBP, I'd pump the brakes a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                          I auctioned him in all 3 leagues I could. Reasoning that he was among the elite in foot speed in 2018, portending a higher SB ceiling, mix in some HR, positional flexibility, and the fact he's 24 years old, starting the 2nd of a 6 year deal, and you figure he'll get more chances to sink or swim.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                          X