Echo chamber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Echo chamber

Well guys - I have to apologize that I have not had the opportunity to post over the last month and a half. Starting the new job in March and being in an office has made it difficult to find time to read a thread let alone post any response or thoughts.

I have had time to occasionally read some of the threads that are being discussed and I have to admit it seems more like an echo chamber now than any real discussion between people with varied political opinions. My lack of posting is not due to anything other than being to busy to actually post while at work, which is when I used to have time to post.

Hope everyone is well. Good luck to any of the remaining centrists or conservatives.
    It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
    Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Echo chamber? Are you still listening to Dave Rubin, mouthpiece for the Koch brothers? Rubin has some amazing recent highlights, including supporting Brazil's fascist leader Bolsonaro, without apology, and without knowing how to say his name. Rubin is dumber than Candace Owen's, and she sets a high bar.

When you get your political insight from literally the dumbest source of right wing propaganda, you have no leg to stand on regarding echo chambers.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

You and the other RJ centrists and conservatives are more than welcome to share your thoughts on any topic at any time. I appreciate the spectrum of perspectives.

Not surprisingly, as political talk turns toward the 2020 Presidential election, much of the focus has been shifting to the Democratic candidates, since we've not seen evidence of a meaningful GOP primary challenge to Trump, so what you're seeing more of is not, IMO, an echo chamber, but a meaningful and at times spirited debate among Democrats/liberals/progressives about who should oppose Trump in 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        Echo chamber? Are you still listening to Dave Rubin, mouthpiece for the Koch brothers? Rubin has some amazing recent highlights, including supporting Brazil's fascist leader Bolsonaro, without apology, and without knowing how to say his name. Rubin is dumber than Candace Owen's, and she sets a high bar.

When you get your political insight from literally the dumbest source of right wing propaganda, you have no leg to stand on regarding echo chambers.
        Well, his far-right is as far as your left...just syain'
        "Looks like I picked a bad day to give up sniffing glue.
        - Steven McCrosky (Lloyd Bridges) in Airplane

i have epiphanies like that all the time. for example i was watching a basketball game today and realized pom poms are like a pair of tits. there's 2 of them. they're round. they shake. women play with them. thus instead of having two, cheerleaders have four boobs.
        - nullnor, speaking on immigration law in AZ.

Comment

Working...
        X