• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this veto-able?

Nick Senzel Cin - 3B NA + Carlos Correa Hou - SS

For

Yasiel Puig Cin - OF + Sean Newcomb Atl - SP

It seems onesided, but I am not a Newcomb fan.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Nick Senzel Cin - 3B NA + Carlos Correa Hou - SS

For

Yasiel Puig Cin - OF + Sean Newcomb Atl - SP

It seems onesided, but I am not a Newcomb fan.

J
    NO....
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    ---------------------------------------------
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Seems heavy on the Senzel/Correa side, but not nearly heavy enough to be vetoable, in my opinion.

Comment

Correa and Puig are a wash within a margin of error; so Newcomb for Senzel? Who knows? Can Senzel stay healthy and does he have a job? I don’t see how this is vetoable, and I’m glad all my leagues don’t put trades to a league vote

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          NO....
          Yep the answer is a resounding NO!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Correa and Puig are a wash within a margin of error; so Newcomb for Senzel? Who knows? Can Senzel stay healthy and does he have a job? I don’t see how this is vetoable, and I’m glad all my leagues don’t put trades to a league vote
            Wow. Did not see that coming.

I was expecting Correa>>Puig. The ADP certainly says so and performance to date more so. Plus, Puig is four years older.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Wow. Did not see that coming.

I was expecting Correa>>Puig. The ADP certainly says so and performance to date more so. Plus, Puig is four years older.

J
              I totally agree... Correa>>Puig. To me, it's not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by minnehan View Post
                Not sure how that isn't close. What stat is head and shoulder over Puig? I have to think this trade is not even close to being veto.

Comment

It's much closer than you think. Puig is expected to mash in his new home park, so some projection systems like BBHQ has him for a huge 30+ HR season. But using STEAMER rest of season projections to compare the two we have:

Correa -- .267/71/22/76/2
                  Puig -- .268/69/24/76/13

There's no mention that this is a keeper league, nor of any player contracts/salaries, so how is this not close for this season? Puig's projected numbers are easily better due to the SBs.

Comment

There is a difference between a perceived lopsided trade and one that should be vetoed. Is collusion involved or future considerations? Outside incentives? If not no veto.

Comment

Weird, what is this based on? Like Revo noted, I'd say they are close with some significant chance that Puig is the better asset.

Comment

yes - this seems ridiculous as a veto question

speaking of Puig
                        no keepers involved
                        Puig or Paxton - which side do you want to be on?

Comment

I was expecting Correa>>Puig. The ADP certainly says so and performance to date more so.
                          This statement looks incorrect to me.

If you look at NFBC drafts held in the last month (gives us a big sample size while still using recent data) we have 381 drafts to look at. In those drafts Correa went on average at pick 50.54 and Puig went at 58.74.

In the 38 main event drafts they averaged pick 52.42 and 52.74.

For our purposes that is basically even ADP.

So suggesting that one of them is significantly better perceived value based on the ADP data is not good analysis of the data IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                            There is a difference between a perceived lopsided trade and one that should be vetoed. Is collusion involved or future considerations? Outside incentives? If not no veto.
                            This is my stance too. I like the Correa side much better if this is a keeper league. If it is a redraft, it makes more sense. Either way, to me, vetoes are for collusion, not bad trades.

Comment

That is the problem with posting something like this---it turns into the veto debate, inevitably. I think the idea is, assuming that you have a league where there are vetoes for "competitive balance of the league" reasons (i.e. you veto lopsided trades because otherwise, the lopsided trades can determine the winner and the league devolves into a see who can rip off a rube the worst type situation), should this trade be vetoed. For me, unless there is something else going on that is not mentioned in the first post (i.e. keeper, dynasty, whatever) this trade is nowhere near something that could be considered for a veto. Seems fair-ish, if a little in the advantage of the Correa/Senzel side.

Comment

Working...
                              X