• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My $40 Jose Ramirez sucks!

Batting .154 before today's 0-5.

But his home ru... oh wait he has none.

Sorry Gregg, this only works for Mith.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Do you want optimism or pessimism?

On the optimistic side, he was hitting .061/.205/.152 with 1 HR and 1 SB through his first 9 games and he ended up at .270/.387/.552 with 39 HR and 34 SB on the year. So he's a slow starter and it's too early to be terribly concerned.

On the pessimistic side, his current slump isn't new, he hasn't hit since the first half of 2018 - he hit .218/.366/.427 in the 2nd half last year (.174/.322/.315 in Sept) which is why I avoided him at the price he was going for this year.

Comment

You did it wrong. It's My $40 Jose Ramirez WTF!!!

Comment

So now he has as many HR as Dee Gordon (both on my team).

Comment

Still not hitting, any idea about what is going on ? Is he injured. If you had to bid now, what would you pay for Ramirez in 2020 ?

clearly the bid depends on format - assume standard 5X5, 16 teams. And maybe rather than bids, since inflation is uncertain, what do you expect him to earn ? What will his HR and SB totals look like ? Will he hit .200 forever ?
            Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 06-19-2019, 07:20 PM.
            ---------------------------------------------
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Carlos Baerga 2.0, awesome for a few years and downhill after that

Comment

Originally posted by tinitoy View Post
                Carlos Baerga 2.0, awesome for a few years and downhill after that
                Yeah, but Baerga never came close to Ramirez’s numbers.

Ramirez has been brutal for almost an entire year. This is very concerning!

Comment

Not helpful !! Anyone got an opinion on what to expect moving forward ?
                  Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Since last year’s All Star Break — so almost one full season — he’s hitting .210 with 15 HRs and 63 RBIs. Yecchhh!

Comment

Obvious Juicer is obvious. This season is shot, but he should figure out a new program during the offseason and return to form in 2020.

Comment

He does have 16 sbs and his OBP is .294. (ave. is up .50 points since I posted .204 BA).

I traded him and an X player for Colume 18A. This saves me $40 real dollars I would have had to pay for dropping him this off season.

Comment

Working...
                        X