Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else on the Margevicius bandwagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else on the Margevicius bandwagon?

Padres win! Padres win! Padres win!

My new favourite win is off to a good start. (I'm pretending not to see the Dodgers on the schedule in a few weeks)

He was FAAB $7 and $3 in my two leagues. Two of his starts were against the Giants and one against the Cards. Have a feeling that now is a good time to trade him.

Comment

He was actually on my preseason draft list this year due to his minor league stats, but I was hesitant due to some scouting reports I had read - his FB sits in the high 80s and I was concerned about his ability to get Ks against mlb competition. So far he's getting a few. I'm still worried that it's a little too much smoke and mirrors but I do I wish I had pulled the trigger. He doesn't walk anyone which is an attribute I love.

Comment

In 2015 I won my NL only league, partly because I picked up Chris Heston as a cheap FAAB pickup early in the season and he just kept producing, even though his stuff wasn't very good. Looks like he totalled 177 innings, 1.31 WHIP, 3.95 ERA, 7.1 K/9 and 12 wins.

Do I think Margevicius is that guy? No, but I guess there's a chance, and I did pick him up as a cheap FAAB pick in that same league . The Padres have Lamet coming back at some point and a deep farm system, so if Margevicius struggles at all he could be out of the rotation.

Maybe Josh Collmenter is a better comp? But his numbers are way better than Heston's were.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          He was actually on my preseason draft list this year due to his minor league stats, but I was hesitant due to some scouting reports I had read - his FB sits in the high 80s and I was concerned about his ability to get Ks against mlb competition. So far he's getting a few. I'm still worried that it's a little too much smoke and mirrors but I do I wish I had pulled the trigger. He doesn't walk anyone which is an attribute I love.
          I saw his 16/1 k/bb but again I get worried about when he faces better hitting teams than the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            I saw his 16/1 k/bb but again I get worried about when he faces better hitting teams than the Giants.
            Like the Reno Aces? Or UCLA?

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
              Ask Lucchesi how well the Giants hit.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Here's a comp. 7th round pick. Pitchability lefty, low velo 88-90 mph fastball, mixing in changeups and curves. Able to locate with precision. Won't produce a bunch of Ks but won't give out free passes either.

Dallas Keuchel.

Granted, it is extremely, extremely unlikely that he comes anywhere close to the success at the mlb level that Keuchel has. Keuchel ended up picking up some velocity in 2013 which took him from average to elite, but for me that's the profile Margevicius should be aiming for.

Comment

I don't know what his numbers will turn out to be, I'm just happy to have him on my squad. Sure, I'll sit him in the tougher match outs on the horizon, but for now, he's doing well. I've watched all three of his outings so far and he is a pinpoint precision pitcher that can make batters dance. Hedges is much better at framing than Mejia, but its all working out. I don't necessarily agree Margevicius will be the first one to go when Lamet returns, as I don't think right now he's the worse pitcher in the rotation. For now, it's a fun ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X