trading Harper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trading Harper

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, HD, SV, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $400 in-season cap
    5 SP / 4 P with no season cap
    keep 6 major/4 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that

C - Realmuto $24 1st year keeper
    1B - O'Hearn $3
    2B - Brandon Lowe $9
    3B - Cozart $11
    SS - Kingery $9
    CI - Morales $10
    MI - Merrifield $16 2nd year keeper
    OF - Harper $43 7th year keeper
    OF - Trout $43 7th year keeper
    OF - Benintendi $16 2nd year keeper
    OF - Bader $7
    DH - Pederson $5
    SP - Nola $11 3rd year keeper
    SP - Junis $1
    SP - Kikuchi $17
    SP - Odorizzi $1
    SP - Paddack $10
    P - Alvarado $14
    P - Bradley $8
    P - Hicks $11
    P - Boxberger $10
    BN - Renfroe $5
    BN - Sheffield $5
    BN - Hudson $5
    BN - Roark $1
    BN - Woodruff $1
    BN - Devenski $10
    IL - Wendle $9
    MN - Rodgers $10
    MM - Riley $5
    MN - Puk $5
    MN - Singer $5

After finally finishing in the money and 5th last year, we're off to a horrible start and next-to-last. I don't plan on keeping Harper after this year, so I'm starting the rebuild early.

Inciarte $13/1, Tim Anderson $5/1, and Shoemaker $10 for Harper and Wendle

Thoughts from the RJ crowd? He's got Keller, Flaherty, Boyd, Urias, and Whitley that would be upgrades or keeper worthy.

I'm trying to be delicate here.

I am so far away from seeing how this can be a good offer that I feel like I must be fundamentally misunderstanding your league format. All of the people you're being offered are worse than they normally would be in a regular 5x5 - Anderson is brutal at BB-K, Inciarte is much worse in SB-CS (though he's better in BB-K so that offsets some), and a mediocre-decent SP is worse in a league with HD. I know that Anderson and Shoemaker have had really good starts to the season - are you really bought in to their new talent levels and paying significantly extra for that? Anderson looks to be about 10 SB-CS better than Harrison Bader and we know he went for $7, so maybe you're getting a $5 discount there. Inciarte is maybe another $5 discount? Shoemaker who knows, I've owned him so many other years when he's been briefly good...

If you're committed to trading Harper, you should definitely try to find some more competitive offers than that. Getting a whole season of Harper ought to get you significantly more than that.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Why wouldn't you keep Harper? At $49, he's still underpriced at a $400 cap. And yes, that is one terrible offer.

Comment

Yup, what MJL and Revo said, that offer is bad, you need way more. Harper is still a fine keeper at 49, and if you can only keep 6 players, I'd want to keep studs. Would any of the 3 guys you're getting push out any of Nola, Benny, Realmuto, Trout, Merrifield? I don't think so. And I'm not sure any are better keepers than Harper. Or maybe Alvarado. Or Paddack, who could be great. Or maybe Woodruff. Or maybe Lowe.

Comment

I don't see any reason for you to trade Harper in this league without getting multiple top end players back.

Comment

Two more offers:

McCutchen $20 and Darvish $16 for Harper

Castellanos $19 and Kristian Robinson $5 for Harper

I'm guessing these aren't any better?

Another owner has offered up Andujar $8/1. He has Vlad $1, Keiboom $1, Adell $5, and Bauer $17/1.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
              Two more offers:

Another owner has offered up Andujar $8/1. He has Vlad $1, Keiboom $1, Adell $5, and Bauer $17/1.
              Make them make an offer you can't refuse.
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Two more offers:

These are all awful. Not even post-worthy. Instant rejects without a second thought. I don’t mean to be rude, but I’d suggest buying a book like Shandler’s to give you some help with player values. McCutchen is almost 33 and no longer the star he was, and Darvish hasn’t been healthy and/or above-average in a few years now, and is near the point of irrelevance. All these offers seem like they’re trying to take advantage of you.

If I’m trading Harper, I’m getting a haul or not even considering it at all. Don’t get fooled by quantity and big name has-beens when quality matters.

Comment

Two more offers:

Offer him Harper for Vlad.

Harper is not cheap, but he is not expensive either. He is a valuable asset. Vlad is cheap but he has not yet proven himself. I doubt he will take it but you should still counter with it.

Keep posting we are here to help and be helped. I suspect your competition is used to trying to take some advantage of you in the past. No more.

Also do not panic. You have a great team. You can take time to ride it for a while. There is plenty of time to dump. I was in 11th place tonight I have been bouncing between 6 and 7th and closing in on 5th. If my stars start playing I will move up. I have a shot so do you.

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                    Make them make an offer you can't refuse.
                    I misread this the first time, but I think what I misread is right - make them an offer you can't refuse. It's a 16 team league. Post that you're considering trading Harper, and go to every team and offer them Harper for a trade that you would absolutely take. Seriously, if someone with Vlad, Kieboom, Adell, and Bauer all at solid prices is offering you a single injured player in April, you owe it to yourself to at least put pressure on him by getting comparable competing offers.
                    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

your team, you list 12 active hitters,9 p? standard leagues are 14 hitters/9 p. you missed 2 slots? this isnt a team that should be thinking of rebuilding, certainly not in mid april. with only 6 keepers, i wouldnt even allow a thought of rebuilding as on your own team your 6 best are better than what could be offered. change mindset, this isnt a rebuild team, year hasnt even warmed up.

Comment

btw, league parameters, context, mean everything. some league, say an established 18 tm mixed where you could keep 15 farm and 10 major league guys, rebuilds are important. you are able to stockpile a $100+ dollar headstart in keeper value or a 5 year pipeline of top 100 farm guys, then someone like Kristian robinson who is maybe ranked #100 or 120 in minors, has value, as part of a rebuild package. in this 16 tm league with only 6 keepers, and only 22 active hitting slots, rebuilds are about worthless unless you can get a straight up killer top 5 farm guy for harper, who you could get control over for a bunch of cheap years, like vladito or eloy jimenez

Comment

Working...
                        X