Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Griswolds pulls a "Favre" and comes out of retirement AGAIN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griswolds pulls a "Favre" and comes out of retirement AGAIN!

Sooooo, once again, I'm coming "out of retirement" to play baseball this summer in a 55+ men's league.

Had our first practice on Sunday and hit felt good to hit and throw a ball again.

This also my prep for going back to Indians Fantasy Camp in Jan 2020 in Arizona.

I can only play until June 15 and then I'll miss most of the remainder of the season due to the surgery.

Looking forward to it.....first game is May 13.

Hey, just my un-retirement!

Gris

Originally posted by griswold View Post
    Sooooo, once again, I'm coming "out of retirement" to play baseball this summer in a 55+ men's league.

Had our first practice on Sunday and hit felt good to hit and throw a ball again.

This also my prep for going back to Indians Fantasy Camp in Jan 2020 in Arizona.

I can only play until June 15 and then I'll miss most of the remainder of the season due to the surgery.

Gris
    Good for you!
    “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

If you pull a "Favre", do you put ointment on it?

Comment

Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
        If you pull a "Favre", do you put ointment on it?
        I think you take a photo of it and send it to a Jets cheerleader.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

just don't get in the hot tub with Chmura and his "nieces"
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

I knew when I said "pull a Favre" I would get these kinds of remarks....well done, gentlemen....well done.

Comment

Good luck dude!

Stealing this post a bit:

This past Saturday I took my deck hockey stick and ball to the local deck hockey rink to just shoot a little. 3 young guys were there and asked me if I wanted top play some 2 on 2. Now i haven't played or done anything that requires cardio in probably 20 years....so of course I said "sure". After about 20 minutes i was gassed to the max. But man it was fun! And I didn't feel to bad the next day or two. So maybe some deck hockey is in my near future.
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Gris
                my first thought was "youre over 55?". Then I realized I am 49.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Good luck dude!

Stealing this post a bit:

This past Saturday I took my deck hockey stick and ball to the local deck hockey rink to just shoot a little. 3 young guys were there and asked me if I wanted top play some 2 on 2. Now i haven't played or done anything that requires cardio in probably 20 years....so of course I said "sure". After about 20 minutes i was gassed to the max. But man it was fun! And I didn't feel to bad the next day or two. So maybe some deck hockey is in my near future.
                  Sounds like a blast....so is deck hockey like floor hockey, where it's not ice or roller skates?

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                    my first thought was "youre over 55?". Then I realized I am 49.
                    DUDE.....you're old!!!!

Comment

reviving this one:

back in 2011, I "return" after 20 years off from softball - playing in the BBTF games at Central Park in Manhattan.

I can't throw, like at all. as in, soft toss from the catcher's spot to the pitcher's mound is a stretch. yikes. fielding also dismal.

but hitting?

Picking up a bat, well, it was like a scene of out the "Cocoon" movie. felt like I was 12 again, mashing line drives in a brief batting practice.

I bat left-handed, and the first pitch I see in the game, I pull a rope toward RF. I fly out of the batter's box like it's 1973, wicked quick first step - and then....... I had no chance with the second step. no chance. they call that "writing a check that your body can't cash." fortunately it was nothing but a facepalm, a skinned knee and a mildly-bruised ego. (would have made for a great viral video: everything looks routine from the walk up to the plate, the practice swings, the line drive, the..... oh - that's a shame. lol)

2 years ago, a guy my age shows up with no intention of playing - was there for "the 10th inning" at a nearby saloon. but we're a little shorthanded, so we coax him out there. he's a bit..... stockier than me. before his first AB, I tell him all the details of my ill-fated effort a few years earlier, as a cautionary tale. he nods, enters the box, hits the ball - and does the same wipeout I did, in spite of the warning.

it really is funnier when it's someone else!
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Sounds like a blast....so is deck hockey like floor hockey, where it's not ice or roller skates?
                        Yes. It's played on a type of plastic deck surface. There are roller-blading leagues, but i don't do that.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

DUDE.....you're old!!!!
                          Geez...I've got 10 YEARS on Hammer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Yes. It's played on a type of plastic deck surface. There are roller-blading leagues, but i don't do that.

Not sure why you have to wear skates, but you do you, dude.

Comment

You old geezers have fun with your sports. Don't break a hip!

I am going to stick to golf, bowling, fishing and shooting.

Comment

Working...
                              X