Albies and Aaron Sanchez for Khris Davis and Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albies and Aaron Sanchez for Khris Davis and Sale

I'm having post-trade regrets here, 14 team mixed league. I just pulled this trade off. I had Albies locked up for $15 for the next year years, and Sanchez is $2, and I think he could have a good year and be a decent keeper. Sale and Davis are at unkeepable prices. I now have a gaping hole at 2b, with just Marwin Gonzalez and Kolten Wong there (he has been great, but it can't last, right?). I also just bumped 2-3 really solid bats from my util spot for Davis. I felt I was getting the better end of this deal, but maybe not at the moment for my current line up. I'm hoping I can move a corner or OFer for a 2b upgrade now, but I don't see any options out there.

I would not have dealt a cheap Albies for just Davis, especially given my line up. And I wouldn't have trade Albies and Sanchez for Davis and some mid tier starter. I'm hoping Sale ends up more than that. Did I pull off a good buy low, or did I trade one of my better keepers and a promising cheap arm for a great DH and a washed up former ace?

That's a trade you have to make. The other owner is selling for around $0.25 on the dollar.

You don't have a gaping hole at 2B - you have a guy there who is producing. If Wong slows down, you can hit the market.

This is definitely a great buy low. I hope Sale rights himself for you (but not for all of my leaguemates since I own 0 shares.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

The Altuve owner is asking about Sale now. Should I offer Wong and Sale for Altuve?

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
        The Altuve owner is asking about Sale now. Should I offer Wong and Sale for Altuve?
        What's the rest of your pitching look like?

On the surface, it looks good, but the Red Soz slow played their starters in ST and it's showing...Sale only had 9 innings, so he's essentially ramping up during the regular season. I think the real Altuve is back, and maybe better...so it really depends on what you need more.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          What's the rest of your pitching look like?

On the surface, it looks good, but the Red Soz slow played their starters in ST and it's showing...Sale only had 9 innings, so he's essentially ramping up during the regular season. I think the real Altuve is back, and maybe better...so it really depends on what you need more.
          Pretty stacked, but the other guy balked. I now have an offer of Yandy Diaz and Jazz Chisolm for Davis. I'm a big Jazz fan and think I can flip him for a MIFer. Yandy intrigues me too. But I have to pass, right?

Comment

That was a killer trade. What are your regrets? You schooled him. If Sanchez works out, whatever. He’s too much of a risk. You got Sale for peanuts.

Comment

Pretty stacked, but the other guy balked. I now have an offer of Yandy Diaz and Jazz Chisolm for Davis. I'm a big Jazz fan and think I can flip him for a MIFer. Yandy intrigues me too. But I have to pass, right?
              Yeah, not nearly enough.
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

No no no. Not enough.

If you like Jazz so much you would trade Davis for him but not enough to keep him why make the trade? If you think you need an MI why not just trade Davis for a good one?

Comment

Easy pass.

Comment

Based on the info you have provided, it seems like Davis is being undervalued. Or is that because of his high salary in your league? He is a beast and should net you a really good haul in return from someone who want sot win this year.
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Easy pass.
                      He has added Drew waters too. Or yandy and Jesus luzardo. But yeah, the right play is to hold. I traded a cheap controllable Albies to win now. Dumb to waver on that for prospects right now. But my league is close to a dynasty with our $400 cap, and extension s up to 7 years. Prospects are worth a lot to dumpers. Three cheap years of Albies after this one was worth a lot too.

Comment

He has added Drew waters too. Or yandy and Jesus luzardo. But yeah, the right play is to hold. I traded a cheap controllable Albies to win now. Dumb to waver on that for prospects right now. But my league is close to a dynasty with our $400 cap, and extension s up to 7 years. Prospects are worth a lot to dumpers. Three cheap years of Albies after this one was worth a lot too.
                        The three cheap years of Albies were worth a lot---they were worth Davis and Sale. Now if any fantasy league allowed Albies to be signed cheaply for nine years, you might have sold too low on him.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                          The three cheap years of Albies were worth a lot---they were worth Davis and Sale. Now if any fantasy league allowed Albies to be signed cheaply for nine years, you might have sold too low on him.
                          Yeah, I'm not mad at the deal, if Sale turns things around. I do like Aaron Sanchez this year, but you don't win mixed league championships on the backs of solid end game finds and quality keepers. You do it on single year production, which is why I had to do the deal. Davis should make this at least a wash for this year all on his own. I just hope Sale ends up worth losing a cheap Albies ling term. I'm hoping for a good showing in his next start.

Comment

Working...
                          X