Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shares of Daniel Vogelbach

Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    yeah that was me who flipped him for Miller ... deal was done way back when he had 2 HRs (that's a helluva week!); still, assuming Miller returns to form I'm pleased with how it worked out.
    Yeah, we started talking before he even hit any HR's if I recall. Honestly I was worried I was going to look like an idiot for sending Miller for a guy who might not even play at all. Then he just started hitting. Still early to make any conclusions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Is this a holds league?
    nope, regular 5x5

Big Leaguer
    I just grabbed him in 2 H2H mixed leagues. I don't know how he was still a FA. My drops were Schoop and B.Anderson.

The FOS | MTARBL Champions 01/05/17 | Runner up 13-15
    12 Team AL 5x5
    IF Severino 1 Fedorowicz 1 Encarnacion 26* Odor 16 Candelario 9 Bichette 6 Biggio 2 NLowe 5
    OF Alvarez 1 Castellanos 30 Hicks 15 Mazara 21 Soler 11* Mancini 5
    German 2 Chirinos 1 Heaney 4 P Porcello 16 Pineda 10 Keller 1* Brooks 5R Rogers 1 Bedrosian 2
    B Harrison 2 A.Kirilloff 1 Piscotty 14* Puello 5 YSanchez 10 Barria 5R Biagini 1 Soria 2
    * = keeper R = reserve

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    It's only gone to my head. First 2 weeks, before values are established, trades can make or break your season. But the guy dealing $14 Andrew Miller got in at the ground floor, I think.
    Thanks for the jink. 0-2 with 2 K's so far tonight. Against a RH no less.

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Thanks for the jink. 0-2 with 2 K's so far tonight. Against a RH no less.
    Reverse jink success ! 3 hits after the 0 for 2 start

Quote Originally Posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Reverse jink success ! 3 hits after the 0 for 2 start
    Yeah, I benched Voit 1-4 HR, 1 rbi, 2 r, but Vogelbach was no slouch at 3-5 with 2 doubles, 1 run.

It sure is annoying having someone constantly hitting HR on my bench. I wish I had diverted some of my Healy $11/Moreland $8 to an OF, but i didn't really like the OF market in that price range. There are worse problems, and I always forget how frequently injuries pop up.

Triple-A
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I was hoping to pick him up in the endgame of our 12 Team AL only 5x5 for a buck or two. The dynamics of the auction or maybe my own decision on taking the $1 Duda prevented this from happening.

I was delighted when he fell to me in the first round of our reserve draft. He would slot in for my injured Kyle Seager. It didn't matter to me that the first round picks are given a value of $15A if we decide to keep them next year. I knew he made the Seattle roster and should give me a few counting stats.

I have no idea how long this streak will run or how much playing time he will get. It is sure fun to watch right now.

Any of you have a share?
    in my main money league, I had probably my worst auction ever in 20 years of membership. vogelbach for $1 feels kind of good but I have too many injuries, too many inexpensive low ceiling guys. I've always like vogelbach though, great walk rates (my league uses on base %), acceptable power.

Hall of Famer
    Go Vogy go! Another HR today.

1-4, HR, RBI, R, BB, 0.400 OBP

time to sell hi ? Who knows. But i think i will ride the Vog train a bit longer

Because I picked up Vogelbach, for a short time I had the #2, #3, #4, and #5 hitters in my only league. Trout is #1.

If only I had pitching.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude