Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    Reverse jink success ! 3 hits after the 0 for 2 start
    Yeah, I benched Voit 1-4 HR, 1 rbi, 2 r, but Vogelbach was no slouch at 3-5 with 2 doubles, 1 run.

It sure is annoying having someone constantly hitting HR on my bench. I wish I had diverted some of my Healy $11/Moreland $8 to an OF, but i didn't really like the OF market in that price range. There are worse problems, and I always forget how frequently injuries pop up.
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      I was hoping to pick him up in the endgame of our 12 Team AL only 5x5 for a buck or two. The dynamics of the auction or maybe my own decision on taking the $1 Duda prevented this from happening.

I was delighted when he fell to me in the first round of our reserve draft. He would slot in for my injured Kyle Seager. It didn't matter to me that the first round picks are given a value of $15A if we decide to keep them next year. I knew he made the Seattle roster and should give me a few counting stats.

I have no idea how long this streak will run or how much playing time he will get. It is sure fun to watch right now.

Any of you have a share?
      in my main money league, I had probably my worst auction ever in 20 years of membership. vogelbach for $1 feels kind of good but I have too many injuries, too many inexpensive low ceiling guys. I've always like vogelbach though, great walk rates (my league uses on base %), acceptable power.

Comment

Go Vogy go! Another HR today.

1-4, HR, RBI, R, BB, 0.400 OBP

Comment

time to sell hi ? Who knows. But i think i will ride the Vog train a bit longer
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Because I picked up Vogelbach, for a short time I had the #2, #3, #4, and #5 hitters in my only league. Trout is #1.

If only I had pitching.

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
              time to sell hi ? Who knows. But i think i will ride the Vog train a bit longer
              I cannot sell him as he is most of my offense right now. I need Betts to be better and Ramirez to be Ramirez.

Comment

interesting Vogelbach article from mlb.com

There are many ways you might know about Mariners designated hitter Daniel Vogelbach. You might know him as the favored “large adult son” of many baseball writers. You might know him as the touted prospect (now 26 years old) who always found his big league path blocked, first by Anthony
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

OK I finally bought in on this train. Vogelbach looks real so far. Somehow he was still on FAAB in two of my weekly moves leagues, so I bought in (bid 40% and 50% and got him for 35%/25% with Vickrey). Excited to see if this hot streak can continue (obviously with some regression)

Comment

But where is he going to play? I know, I know, when you hit like that, they'll find a place. And maybe Jay Bruce's achilles thing turns out to be a long-running injury. Or someone else gets hurt. At some point the roster crunch is coming but for now the road sure is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      OK I finally bought in on this train. Vogelbach looks real so far. Somehow he was still on FAAB in two of my weekly moves leagues, so I bought in (bid 40% and 50% and got him for 35%/25% with Vickrey). Excited to see if this hot streak can continue (obviously with some regression)
                      umm...since you picked him up he is 0-4. Just sayin.

Comment

umm...since you picked him up he is 0-4. Just sayin.
                        We make lineup changes on Mondays so he's 0-0 for me

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          We make lineup changes on Mondays so he's 0-0 for me
                          I hope he hits 4 hrs with a .600 OBP for you this week.

Comment

Vogy with his 17th hr tonight. Go Vogy go!!

Comment

Hard to believe he is one of the Mariners who have been on the team the longest, although maybe not surprising given all the trading Dipoto does

The story is a little bit Hollywood, even if the lone player who will be representing the Mariners in the 2019 All-Star Game is unmistakably a Florida boy. Drafted in a 2011 2nd round that will...

The player he’s become is the wildest dream of who Seattle might’ve acquired from the Cubs back in July of 2016. Only Félix Hernández and Kyle Seager have been on the Mariners 40-man roster as long, but not until now has he been given the chance to shine. Nobody swings less, yet few can match what he does when the bat comes off his shoulder. His compact swing has helped him handle modern heat better than anyone in baseball, as his .583 wOBA on 95+ mph pitches is the best of any player by over 60 points (min. 40 PAs).
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I was hoping to pick him up in the endgame of our 12 Team AL only 5x5 for a buck or two. The dynamics of the auction or maybe my own decision on taking the $1 Duda prevented this from happening.

I was delighted when he fell to me in the first round of our reserve draft. He would slot in for my injured Kyle Seager. It didn't matter to me that the first round picks are given a value of $15A if we decide to keep them next year. I knew he made the Seattle roster and should give me a few counting stats.

I have no idea how long this streak will run or how much playing time he will get. It is sure fun to watch right now.

Any of you have a share?
                                Well now I have to decide if he is a keeper in my AL only OBP instead of ave. 5x5 12 teamer.

Thoughts?

Comment

Working...
                                X