Shares of Daniel Vogelbach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Well now I have to decide if he is a keeper in my AL only OBP instead of ave. 5x5 12 teamer.

Thoughts?
    The only thing that makes him the least bit desirable is that you use OBP...power is much easier to find than it used to be, and he may well end up in a platoon situation. What's his price tag?
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      The only thing that makes him the least bit desirable is that you use OBP...power is much easier to find than it used to be, and he may well end up in a platoon situation. What's his price tag?
      He will be $15B. And I agree that his OBP combined with the power is what makes him attractive. 30 hrs in 462 abs is pretty impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        Well now I have to decide if he is a keeper in my AL only OBP instead of ave. 5x5 12 teamer.

Thoughts?
        For what it's worth, I have the same dilemma. I own Vogelbach at $4 in a 12 team AL only, but I'm hesitant to keep such a heavy BA sacrafice, especially knowing AB's could be limited given platoon issues and defensive limitations.

The switch to full time DH may help his production, and the approach means that he'll never hurt you in OBP leagues. $15 seems about on par for your league dynamics. I might lean towards keeping with a hope that he breaks out a bit committing to full time DH duty.

In my own situation, I'm leaning towards keeping a $7 Fletcher over $4 Vogelbach, due to added BA stability, multi position flexibility, and likely strong counting stats. If we used OBP instead of BA, I might go the other way.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
        X