Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Franchy Cordero

This doesn't sound good.

Padres placed OF Franchy Cordero on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to April 7, with a right elbow sprain.
    A sprain indicated that he's dealing with ulnar collateral ligament damage, which obviously is bad news. Whether he might need Tommy John surgery isn't known at this point. Cordero had season-ending surgery last June to remove a bone spur from his elbow.

He sucks anyway. Mega-talent that doesn't translate into success on the field. He's a Padre...what else is new
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Clears up some of the logjam

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        He sucks anyway. Mega-talent that doesn't translate into success on the field. He's a Padre...what else is new
        I wouldn't be so quick to write him off.

Comment

Originally posted by minnehan View Post
          I wouldn't be so quick to write him off.
          I know that he is young and talented, but the Padres just dont seem to develop their young hitters very well.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
            I know that he is young and talented, but the Padres just dont seem to develop their young hitters very well.
            This might be true. Hard to see evidence of this occurring lately. Still no update on Cordero. He was off to a decent start.

Comment

05.29... Franchy Cordero (elbow) is expected to begin a minor league rehab assignment sometime this week.
              Spin: Cordero was placed on the injured list back on April 7 with a right elbow sprain, but he's finally made significant progress and could potentially rejoin the Padres sometime in early-to-mid June, assuming there are no setbacks. The talented 24-year-old was batting .333 with an .850 OPS through his first 20 plate appearances this season, but there is quite a crowd right now in the San Diego outfield and he may have to muscle for playing time.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
              X