Is Yu Darvish drop worthy in Dynasty Leagues? - No Salaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Yu Darvish drop worthy in Dynasty Leagues? - No Salaries

Not looking good for Darvish these days. He can't find the plate, and coming of TJ surgery. 32 isn't old, but when you factor in all the innings he threw in the Japanese league, that makes him old IMO. I'm thinking about dropping him for the waiver wire flavor of the week.

Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
    Not looking good for Darvish these days. He can't find the plate, and coming of TJ surgery. 32 isn't old, but when you factor in all the innings he threw in the Japanese league, that makes him old IMO. I'm thinking about dropping him for the waiver wire flavor of the week.
    No, he just can't find the plate, his stuff seems to be there though. I suspect that he's just knocking off the rust, trying to find that arm slot that makes his pitches go where HE wants them to.

If you don't trust him, let him sit for a couple more starts, then if he throws up again, you could drop him. His next start is at home against Pittsburgh, so he should be able to get right against the Pirates.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      No, he just can't find the plate, his stuff seems to be there though. I suspect that he's just knocking off the rust, trying to find that arm slot that makes his pitches go where HE wants them to.

If you don't trust him, let him sit for a couple more starts, then if he throws up again, you could drop him. His next start is at home against Pittsburgh, so he should be able to get right against the Pirates.
      I'll give him a few more weeks to right the ship, but if he has improved by then I would rather just take a flyer on someone on the waiver wire. There are players like Austin Hays, Anthony Swarzek, Yonny Chrinos, J Zimmerman, Brett Anderson, David Hess, Blake Parker on the waiver wire.
      Last edited by Roy Hobbs; 04-06-2019, 02:27 PM.

Comment

I'll give him a few more weeks to right the ship, but if he has improved by then I would rather just take a flyer on someone on the waiver wire. There are players like Austin Hays, Anthony Swarzek, Yonny Chrinos, J Zimmerman, Brett Anderson, David Hess, Blake Parker on the waiver wire.
        None the less I f those guys is worth dropping Darvish for yet. Hold for awhile and see if, as Hornsby says, there are signs of the rust knocking off.

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          None the less I f those guys is worth dropping Darvish for yet. Hold for awhile and see if, as Hornsby says, there are signs of the rust knocking off.
          It's as if he forgot how to pitch.

Comment

Why did anyone expect him to come back as if he hadn't missed almost an entire year? Dropping him now would be very foolish IMO.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
              Why did anyone expect him to come back as if he hadn't missed almost an entire year? Dropping him now would be very foolish IMO.
              How many starts does he deserve before you change your mind?

Comment

How many starts does he deserve before you change your mind?
                At least 10
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  At least 10
                  If I choose to wait that long I suppose that makes my patience meter extend until the middle of June for him to learn how to pitch again.

Comment

Is he slowly getting less awful ? Or is it just wiahful thinking ?
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                    ---------------------------------------------
                    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He was hitting 99 on the radar.
                      - Terence McKenna

Comment

Working...
                      X