Jose quintana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose quintana

Last night was a putrid start. I'm a little concern as I thought getting him at $8 was a decent buy. So far in 7 IP 13 hits 3 HRs and 6 BB. He does have 11 K and his velocity from what I have read is normal. Still rusty or are we looking at a decline this season? I'm not anywhere near panic mode and the Cubs are certainly going through a rough start to began the season so assuming that better days are ahead.

it's early.

but the favorite in my league had tons of dollars in my auction left Sunday, and it was getting late.
    that's a fun time, trying to guess who he's waiting for. doublecheck my lists and....

"Jose Quintana for 3," I say.

the other owner with stupid money left to burn smells the chum, too - and here comes the frenzy.

up the ladder they go, and league favorite finally takes down Quintana for......... 22!

good times.

back to your concern - it's early.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

He was borderline droppable in a shallow mixed last year. I held him and he had some good stretches but he can definitely hurt you and I would sit him if he gets hammered a couple times until he rights the ship.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Eloy Jimenez for Jose Quintana may go down as Epstein’s worst trade ever.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Don't forget Dylan Cease.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
            Not his finest hour.

Comment

He turned it around last night but of course the Bucs are not a great hitting team still I'll take it. He has Miami next.

Comment

Awful weather in Chi-town yesterday, nobody could hit anything.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  Awful weather in Chi-town yesterday, nobody could hit anything.
                  True, but he was dealing.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                    True, but he was dealing.
                    Cold wet weather usually is a pitcher's friend but with my bad pitching so far this season I'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      Cold wet weather usually is a pitcher's friend but with my bad pitching so far this season I'll take it.
                      Yes because cold wet weather does not make the ball slippery or hard to grip with cold hands. All kidding aside, his off speed stuff was working last night. Best performance by any Cubs pitcher this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X