NL Only 5x5 Redraft - HDID?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NL Only 5x5 Redraft - HDID?

10 teams, 5x5 with OBP, no bench, one catcher, unlimited reserve slots for IL or Minors

C Francisco Mejia C | SD 1
    1B Freddie Freeman 1B | ATL 32
    2B Travis Shaw 3B | MIL 22
    3B Brian Anderson RF | MIA  4
    SS Trevor Story SS | COL 32
    MI Cesar Hernandez 2B | PHI 5
    CI Josh Bell 1B | PIT 14
    OF Victor Robles CF | WAS 20
    OF Wil Myers LF | SD 26
    OF Marcell Ozuna LF | STL 20
    OF Jose Martinez 1B | STL  6
    OF Franchy Cordero LF | SD 2
    U Ian Happ CF | CHC 1

P Stephen Strasburg SP | WAS 24
    P Wade Davis RP | COL  15
    P David Robertson RP | PHI  11
    P Jon Gray SP | COL  7
    P Matt Strahm RP | SD 7
    P Joe Musgrove SP | PIT  5
    P Freddy Peralta SP | MIL 3
    P Archie Bradley RP | ARI 1
    P Carlos Martinez SP | STL  2

This was a strange year for me in this NL 5x5 redraft league that I've been in for 20 years. Usually I have a studs and scrubs build with at least three or four $1 flyers on both the hitting and pitching side and at least two players at $40-ish. This year I have more balance. We have weekly transactions on Tuesday nights, so I'll be able to reserve Happ and C.Martinez. The only bid I regretted after the fact was Jose Martinez, as it looks like he'll be buried too deep to provide much value. In a league of Phillies fans, I was surprised to get C.Hernandez and Robertson as cheaply as I did, although I think they're all rooting for Dominguez to close. I think maybe I'm a bit light on power, but could potentially add M.Reynolds or M.Adams via free agency on Tuesday.

You have a good chance to dominate hitting, but that staff looks pretty weak to me, especially when Strasburg gets his annual injury. Might balance out nicely enough to win in the end though.

Comment

I lilke the offense overall but Happ is in AAA and Franchy is a 4th OF. Combine that ith Jose Martinez and at bats are an issue youll need to address. Speed may be an issue, though its an issue for most anyway. I see Robles and I see Story contributing there but thats it. SP is light as well.

Seems like middle of the pack team to me.
      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
        I lilke the offense overall but Happ is in AAA and Franchy is a 4th OF. Combine that ith Jose Martinez and at bats are an issue youll need to address. Speed may be an issue, though its an issue for most anyway. I see Robles and I see Story contributing there but thats it. SP is light as well.

Seems like middle of the pack team to me.
        Thanks. I guess I didn't perceive SBs to be a problem, with Myers and Hernandez in addition to Story and Robles. I do agree that I'll need some more ABs to replace Happ and that SP is light.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          Thanks. I guess I didn't perceive SBs to be a problem, with Myers and Hernandez in addition to Story and Robles. I do agree that I'll need some more ABs to replace Happ and that SP is light.
          Its fair to expect double digit steals out of both and being an only league probably means 120 steals gets you first place and 100-110 gets you 3rd or 4th.

Myers 15-20
          Hernandez 15-20
          Robles 30-35
          Story 15-22

toss in 10 or so for the rest and that puts you around 85-107.

that seem right?
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Its fair to expect double digit steals out of both and being an only league probably means 120 steals gets you first place and 100-110 gets you 3rd or 4th.

Myers 15-20
            Hernandez 15-20
            Robles 30-35
            Story 15-22

toss in 10 or so for the rest and that puts you around 85-107.

that seem right?
            I've got Myers projected at 20-25, and around 15 or so from the rest, so around 95-117. I guess those minor differences could make the difference between a near top finish and mid-pack.

Comment

Oddly I agree and disagree with both sides of this.

I don't think that this team is lacking speed. That should not be a major priority with the existing roster.

However, 120 steals is not enough for 1st in a 10 teamer in my opinion. 120 would have been 4th last year in a 12 team only league I'm in, so a 10 team league would be even higher.

Comment

When I look at your pitching staff I like most of the names on it...just not all on one team. If they all reach their potential it could be amazing. I just don't think all of them will do that this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                  When I look at your pitching staff I like most of the names on it...just not all on one team. If they all reach their potential it could be amazing. I just don't think all of them will do that this year.
                  My "strategy" was to buy one guy in the top 10-15 NL pitchers who fell at $25 or lower and then to fill out my rotation with $10 or under high K/9 SPs with an opportunity to break out. I agree with you that it carries a fair bit of risk because they don't have a track record of high achievement yet, though. And so far on the young season Peralta and Strahm have shown the downside of my strategy.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    Oddly I agree and disagree with both sides of this.

I don't think that this team is lacking speed. That should not be a major priority with the existing roster.

However, 120 steals is not enough for 1st in a 10 teamer in my opinion. 120 would have been 4th last year in a 12 team only league I'm in, so a 10 team league would be even higher.
                    went back and checked my 11 team NL and 120 wouldve been 4th place. 145 took the SB crown.

Comment

went back and checked my 11 team NL and 120 wouldve been 4th place. 145 took the SB crown.
                      113 won our 12 team NL only Sb-Cs last year. 89 second and 78 third.

I won our 12 team AL with 114, second was 100 and 85 third.

Comment

Working...
                      X